Corsair Community

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum + Twinx2048-3200c2

ecl1pz

Hi

I was looking around forums, and didn't see anything with my mobo and this ram. I always used Kingston HyperX pc-3200 2-3-2-6 1T 512x2 and my motherboard was always rock solid. I first bought OCZ 2gb package, and used the 2-3-2-5 timings, and i had massive errors with installs, games, patches, start menu flickering, things like that. I put back in 1024 Kingston, all gone. I just got the Twinx package, and I put it in at 2-3-2-6. So far all the problems are gone. I started to see flickering in the start menu, so I put it 2-3-3-6 and it is stable now, however I see some lacking preformance here and there, so I guess it can be attributed to some tweaks in my bios.

DRAM Clock: 200 MHz

DRAM Voltage: 2.7X Volts

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T (2.5 on AMD platform)

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

That was what I read from another page about the settings, but there are so many other settings in my bios ranging from trfc, trc,trwt.. etc. I usually set my trfc to 18, trc to 12, and trwt twr twtr all 3's. If anyone knows any advanced timings for this memory that would be great.

Can anyone help me out with this.. or at least let me know what in particular with memory timings causes my start menu to flicker or other pop up windows to flicker when fading in? I already reduced timing to 2-3-3-6 (from 2-3-2-6) and it fixed a lot but the flickering still happens..

Archived