Corsair Community

Soltek-865 Pro 775

danknugs420

I currently have a Corsair Value Dual Channel Kit of pc3200 2.5-3-3-8 that I have had for almost a year and am wanting to add another GB of memory for Battlefield 2.Would it be ok to buy another Kit and add it to my motherboard I have 2 open slots?Will I need to change voltage or manually tweak memory settings in bios to get it working properly?Here is a link to the kit I plan on purchasing http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145440

Also with both kits installed will dual channel still work ok with memory setting by auto and SPD?

My MB is a Soltek-865 pro 775, it is a hybrid board socket 775 with Intel 865 chipset.Thank You for your time

Welcome to the forums, danknugs420!

While you may run into errors, mostly you'll need to relax the SPD latencies (I.E. run 3-3-3-8 or 3-4-4-8) and probably increase the DDR Voltage to 2.7 volts.

Sometimes it's just impossible to run 4 modules, but a lot of people get it done... the key is to match your modules as closely as possible. Dual-channel should still work, but I'm not sure if your system will maintain a 1T command rate.

PLUR

CK

Archived