Corsair Community

Ram 1 and 2-3-4 varying in RGB colour any time iCue restarts

dumbostratus

I've been getting an issue for months now where one (or three) of my ram gets a faint blue hue whenever my pc/iCue boots (ignore the pink hue, it's white in person)
It goes from image 1 to image 2 after a reboot, then back to image 1 after a reboot, then back to image 2 and so on.

Uninstalling and reinstalling iCue fixes the problem... until rebooting it.

I've deleted about every apps that might have interfered with it aside from G hub and Glorious Core
This used to work fine in the past, I'm at a point where I'm tempted to just find out when I bought these rams and find the iCue version it was at and redownload that and disable updates.

Speaking of updates, yes it's up to date
My settings also has Plugins and Integrations disabled
Motherboard is an Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (AMD) if that might matter

IMG_20241013_072700.jpg

IMG_20241013_074907.jpg

I would try a force update on the RAM.  Firmware> Check for update> "up to date" or latest but reveals drop down menu with "force update".  If that does not work, contact Corsair Support as a path to replacing the kit.  

It's odd a CUE clean install temporarily corrects the issue, but in general any kind of RAM configuration or CUE error would affect all the modules.  That suggests the one module is having an issue talking with CUE.  Corsair will replace the entire kit if required.