Corsair Community

Fan profiles reset every time I turn off my PC

Hello.

My fan profiles have been resetting every time I turn off my computer. Its becoming a big issue since my setup needs them to run at full capacity in order to properly disperse heat. With the profiles it resets to, I run at 50 C on my CPU and 45 C on my GPU while simply idling at my desktop. Once I set them back It cools down to 38 C. I'm sick of having to constantly go back in and edit my settings. This next issue is partially my fault for not draining my cooling loop and releasing any air, but the extra heat caused a coolant tube to pop out while I was playing ghost of Tsushima. Thankfully nothing got fried and I was able to clean it and fix the issue, but still.

Edited by APOPU

OK, custom loop.  Can you tell us what hardware you are using for control?  CUE Link Hub + Hydro X?  Commander Pro or XT?  I know of one fan curve issue still in play with the CUE Link curves, but hopefully this is not another.  

@c-attack - is that the issue with the default built-in quiet, performance, extreme profiles that can be mitigated by creating a custom curve (until it is fixed in a newer release of ICUE)?

1 hour ago, BlaiseP said:

@c-attack - is that the issue with the default built-in quiet, performance, extreme profiles that can be mitigated by creating a custom curve (until it is fixed in a newer release of ICUE)?

Custom curves on the CUE Link devices still reset to "balanced" after changing to a fixed speed and then returning.  There were a couple of others on 5.14, but I think those are stamped out.  

Also, fans still max out when saving custom curves to Device Memory Mode based on CUE Link coolant temps.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, c-attack said:

OK, custom loop.  Can you tell us what hardware you are using for control?  CUE Link Hub + Hydro X?  Commander Pro or XT?  I know of one fan curve issue still in play with the CUE Link curves, but hopefully this is not another.  

CUE Link Hub + Hyrdo X. All fans are on a Commander XT

So which device is resetting the fan curve?  The CUE Link Hub controller (QX, RX, LX fans)?  Or the Commander XT (every other fan type)?  Or both?

12 hours ago, c-attack said:

So which device is resetting the fan curve?  The CUE Link Hub controller (QX, RX, LX fans)?  Or the Commander XT (every other fan type)?  Or both?

If I had to guess it could be the Commander. All I can say for sure though is that the profiles will randomly reset and I don't really have any clue why.

You guys should be getting the 5.16 update shortly. It’s not in the notes, but the Commander Pro, XT, Core curve issues should be resolved in that version. Not yet for CUE Link. 

On 6/25/2024 at 11:47 AM, c-attack said:

You guys should be getting the 5.16 update shortly. It’s not in the notes, but the Commander Pro, XT, Core curve issues should be resolved in that version. Not yet for CUE Link. 

Thanks

On 6/25/2024 at 11:47 AM, c-attack said:

The issue still isn't resolved after the update

You may need to do a clean install of 5.16. That was the version that corrected the Commander Pro based fan curve issues. I haven’t seen any issues on that controller since then. 

Make sure you export your profiles before starting if you don’t have current backups. 
https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-iCUE-How-to-perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-iCUE

I just did a clean installation of Windows 11, new installation of iCue 5.16.75 and still have the same issue.

Every reboot removes the set fan curves on all profiles., have to go through all and reset the preferred curves is kind of annoying. I'm using the preset curves and no custom curves.

The AIO commander and second commander does the same so it's definitely a iCue issue.

I didn't important anything just to make sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having the same issue, started happening after I upgraded to v5. Looking at my H150i Elite Capellix(Commander Core) in iCue after rebooting, the per fan curve drop down is completely empty, even for the pump, and any custom curve has been wiped out, except for the default ones. Screenshot2024-07-20131729.jpg.f3e6c12fce0a7d40c3760c8d52c1cf1b.jpg

On 7/4/2024 at 6:16 AM, c-attack said:

You may need to do a clean install of 5.16. That was the version that corrected the Commander Pro based fan curve issues. I haven’t seen any issues on that controller since then. 

Make sure you export your profiles before starting if you don’t have current backups. 
https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-iCUE-How-to-perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-iCUE

For a clean install of iCue, I'm assuming that means, after using the iCue uninstaller, manually deleting anything left in AppData, ProgramData, and Documents? Are there any other places I need to check?

No, that's it but I would wait.  I thought this was wiped out in 5.16, but there will be a further correction in 5.17.  I thought you might get that on Friday, but it looks like it will be next week now.  I would monitor the issue and wait until 5.17 before doing any clean installs.  It's too much of a pain if it's not guaranteed to solve the issue.  

• Like 1