Corsair Community

Corsair Link Fans stopped lighting up

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

Posted (edited)

Hello,

so I just got myself some new memory. Apart from that nothing has changed on my system. However my Link fans now seem to not be recognised anymore... well, one is, the other two are not. They are still spinning and seem to be working just fine, its just the lighting that has stopped working and they also dont show up in ICUE any longer.

As stated, nothing on my system has changed, apart from adding the new ram and installing the ICUE modules for them. There has been no other updates.
If i quit ICUE the fans light up with no problem, however i'd like to get my old light setup back, lol 😄

If anyone got ideas on how i can get it to work, i'd appreciate any and all input!

Thank yall!

Edited by Vugas

• Solution

Did you recently update to CUE 5.14?  This version has the new UI changes but critically for CUE Link users expands the device capacity from 14->24.  This caused the fans to be renumbered and it's not going to match your previous configuration.  Anyone with CUE Link gear needs to do a clean install to clean out any old config data.  Make sure you export your profiles first so you can import them back later.  Might need to reapply some lighting effects to specific fans or devices.  

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/explorer/diy-builder/blogs/addressing-over-current-protection-issues-expanding-the-icue-link-system-hub-to-24-devices/