Corsair Community

AM4 standoff threads: coarse on one side and fine on the other?

Omen30L; Motherboard model 87C3, AM4 socket, Ryzen 7 3700x.

My CPU temps idle in the mid to upper 60s. Under light load (multiple browser pages open) hovers in the low to mid 70s. The  only game played on this is World of Warcraft, when my grandson is visiting. CPU temp runs in the lower 80s at that point. 

I decided to go with the Corsair H60x  RGB Elite Liquid CPU Cooler, but found a few problems after receiving the cooler. 1. MoBo had no free three pin header, and HP uses proprietary connectors for RGB. I found a way around that with a SATA adaptor, so that's resolved. (The original H60 came with a SATA connection. H60x doesn't. I only know this from watching 3 year old youtube videos.) 2. Standoffs are coarse threaded on one end and fine threaded on the other. The fine threaded end fits both the thumbscrews/nuts and the motherboard backing plate. The coarse threaded end of the standoffs don't fit either, so it appears that I need standoffs with fine threads on both ends. Has anyone else had this problem, or know what to do to remedy this situation? 

I'd rather not hit the hardware store and buy 4 coarse thread nuts off the shelf to fit the coarse ends of the standoffs. I'm sure you understand how that would look on a brand new Corsair AIO.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here are two of the standoffs. One has the thumb nut screwed onto the fine threaded end, and the coarse threaded end can be seen on the same standoff. The second standoff shows both threaded ends, and you can see the difference between the ends. I only opened the package for AMD. Only the fine threaded end will screw into the thumb nuts and the motherboard backing plate. The coarse threaded end is useless. In Corsair's installation video, they clearly showed the same standoff with the same situation, but don't show or say what to do with it.image.thumb.jpeg.d336ef998e5902628046c8591925fc58.jpeg

Hi, sorry for the late response I've been busy with school.

I had the same situation with my PC I recently built, it's usually like that on all coolers. Personally I had the Corsair H510i 360 mil cooler. The standoffs screw into the 4 threaded areas on the backplate through the MB. Then the thumb screws go on top once the cooler is placed over the standoffs. If possible, show me your MB mount situation, preferably a top view and please tell me your cooler.