Corsair Community

Corsair One i500 Incoming!

So just saw the news of a new Corsair One I500 coming out.  After upgrading my i300 to a i14700K processor with my 3080ti, I'm fine for now.  At the same time, really interested as to what they will be offering and at what price point.

Going to now speculate it will have:

4080 Super... possibly 4090?

Intel i14700K/i14900K. 

4TB NVMe

64GB 6000+ DDR5

Same 750Plat SFX power supply.

REALLY HOPING the cooling / radiators are better/BIGGER.

MOST OF ALL, anyone here who has owned any Corsair One, the biggest issue is the main cooling fan curve.  Hopefully this time around customers can get CONSISTANT optimal cooling with the new design/software other than having to set the fan to a constant 60%+ speed.  We all know this is the biggest issue of any Corsair One system and I hope they figured it out this time!

Edited by zguy85
  • Like 1

@Queeg   Nice find dude.  Wow, much more depth.  I can only imagine the radiators must be much beefier, and also probably two 140mm fans uptop.  I like the wood look.  Crazy they are doing this now with the Intel i15 series and Nvidia 5000 series around the corner.  Will be interesting to see it's full build on Corsair's site.  Better have the fan curve thing worked out this time Corsair Team!

Newegg has pulled the listing.   

I’m hoping there’s a 4090 option, otherwise it’s a no-go for me.  I already have a 2000D case with a 4090 FE, and I see no reason to go backward in performance.  And if the phantom Newegg listing is correct, the i500 will be only slightly smaller than the 2000D (and not really in the most important dimension).  

Well it's a beautiful Machine.  No doubt. 4090 with a 14900 is tempting.  Concerns are they are releasing this with the i15 series and nVidia 5000 series around the corner.  Additionally, if you read tech forums and generally follow tech, you know 14900k's are a mess right now with quality control.  So good luck on that gamble.

For me, I've upgraded my i300 3080TI 12900K to a 14700k already and does everything I need currently and more.  I'll most likely wait for the next release with the new i15 and 5000 nVidia card.  If you have an older system, this things a beast and worth it, just hope they finally fixed the fan curve cooling / default settings that have plagued the Corsair One systems from the beginning.

Posted (edited)

I've watched a few reviews on the i500 4090 model and there seem to be some challenges.

Fan Noise - Big issue (just like the i300)
Extremely loud under load. Fans throughout are half height, moving far less air then a typical fan, contributing to heat issues below. Reviewer that replaced fans with standard height Corsair fans got significant heat reduction.... so why doesn't Corsair just do that?

Heat - Same under par 170mm CPU AIO kit that couldn't cool the i9 13th, and definitely not the i9 14th. 
Reviewers putting CPU at 90c under load, sometimes hitting 100c
CPU has been wattage (performance) throttled (just like i300) and still runs insanely hot

GPU - Cooled by dual 140mm fans/radiator on top. Runs 50 - 60c under load, good performance numbers

Case - Great looking but much larger than i300, but why, if they were not going to fix the heat, fan noise and CPU cooling/performance issues?

iCUE - Apparently and inexplicably, no iCUE support in case you use Corsair peripherals as well and would like it

I'd really like to speak to a Corsair engineer one day and ask them why they makes some of the choices they do.

Edited by Mousejockey
Forgot to add iCUE issue
  • Like 1

Correcting some errors I made in post above (which I can't delete for some reason?)

CPU is cooled badly with a subpar "120mm" radiator/fan AIO in an intake configuration on side of case.
Question - Since there are dual 120mm fans on the side panel, couldn't they have used a 240mm radiator for CPU?

GPU is cooled reasonably well by dual 120mm fans/240mm radiator AIO that expels air out the top
Note: GPU VRMs are not cooled at all. Not even a basic heat sync on them. They apparently run very hot but no one has reported heat related issues with GPU that I have seen

Motherboard is MSI B760M - Works great, but no support for 5th gen SSD, while the Z790 chipset has 5th gen support. Wonder why they went B760 chipset?

In summary, at the end of the day here's a system that's a minimum of $1800 CAD (I'm in Alberta) above a similar, faster, much quieter DIY build.

Yet, you get subpar B760 chipset, no 5th gen SSD, under utilized 14900k (only 200watts), no iCUE support for Corsair's own peripherals, super loud fans under load, totally inadequate cooling, and only available with the same wood panelling as my Mom's 1970s station wagon (although I personally like the dark wood look).

You used to live with the limitations because the case was compact and you could travel with it if you wanted to, but this case is almost twice the size of an i300 (which I bought and promptly returned after finding all the same shortcomings as this new unit has).

I think Corsair has lost their way here... I've had a crush on the their small form factor for a really long time, and I almost bought this on the spot despite the insane price because they finally had the load I wanted... thankfully, I stopped before pressing the confirm order button and took time to watch the reviews.

Posted (edited)

I owned and liked both an i160 and i300, and I'm interested in this one.  But I'll probably wait and see if they make some revisions.  I don't understand why they went with such a puny cooling design for the CPU.  There's plenty of room in the case for a bigger radiator or fans or both.  It's like they designed the cooling for a case half the size.  That seems to be the primary cause of the noise problem all the reviewers cite.  So hoping they do something to fix that in future iterations.

And, I'd like to see an AMD CPU option, since that would also help with the CPU temps.  Which raises another question I've had going back to the original C1s - why don't they offer more options in terms of CPU?  If I am using this primarily as a gaming rig, I don't really need the highest end CPU.  A Ryzen 7800X3D likely will do just fine for a long time to come.  And since the motherboard supports a range of CPUs, why not offer options that would make cooling easier for those who don't need the fastest CPU?

I see that Origin is also selling these and offers some customization.  Hopefully, we'll see some more rational CPU options there in the future. 

Edited by Queeg

Posted (edited)

@MousejockeyGreat feedback man!  Agreed 100% with all you stated.  That 14900K is absolutely not being cooled properly with a big enough radiator. It's actually kind of a Joke.  Unfortunately with those extremely high temps even being already throttled! (which it shouldn't be at this price point)... I cannot commit.  Also utilizing a B760  MOBO! ....  Just screams to me, we Corsair decided to cut some corners for your Premium Priced designer product sorry couldnt get you the z790 this time.  I don't like or respect this discision at all.  No VRAM cooling on the GPU / Memory Junct... is also a sign they didn't have the right people or budget to design proper cooling overall.  Disappointing.  I'll be sticking with my small / modded i300 14700K afterall. Cooling is your biggest issue in these systems Corsair, I don't want to have to de-lid my CPU everytime I buy one of these things!  It's frustrating!  When will you understand?

Edited by zguy85

It's just frustrating to me because I want to purchase this product and I love Corsair and the look of the i500, but they just keep messing up on cooling overall.... every.... single... time.  This is a Premium Designer Product and this should not be an issue. Unfortunate

• 2 weeks later...

Based on Kitguru's review, the VRM should not be a problem(see spec below), and the average temperature when running Cyberpunk is around 63 degrees (HWinfo64 CPU DTS).

Kitguru's review

In a realistic scenario, I think the C1 500 is no problem with AAA games.

I don't know why they use HWinfo64 CPU Enhanced for checking CPU temperature, since the author of HWinfo64 recommends using DTS to measure CPU temperature.

HWinfo64 forums

image.png.50d80feb86f1e93a4c130762cb8def4f.pngimage.png.0ed76bd527776444c68eb6bd48141564.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ZK115 said:

Based on Kitguru's review, the VRM should not be a problem(see spec below), and the average temperature when running Cyberpunk is around 63 degrees (HWinfo64 CPU DTS).

Kitguru's review

In a realistic scenario, I think the C1 500 is no problem with AAA games.

I don't know why they use HWinfo64 CPU Enhanced for checking CPU temperature, since the author of HWinfo64 recommends using DTS to measure CPU temperature.

HWinfo64 forums

image.png.50d80feb86f1e93a4c130762cb8def4f.pngimage.png.0ed76bd527776444c68eb6bd48141564.png

Sorry for typo Temp average is 83 degree.

Edited by ZK115

I think an AMD Ryzen CPU option would make far more sense with the CPU cooling design they chose for this version of the C1. Lower power requirements, lower temps and less noise, with comparable performance.  I know they ultimately offered earlier versions of the C1 with AMD CPUs - hope they do the same here.