Corsair Community

iCUE stopped working due to missing CueCore.dll. Unable to reinstall iCUE (folder locked).

iCUE stops working about every two months and generates the same error abut a missing CueCore.dll ...

corsair1.png.5685261735f4bfb68904ed39a92188ef.png 

When I download and run a new installation I'm told I can;t install it becuase the softgware folder is not empty, which of course it isn't empty...

corsair2.png.0aff4ae07e662aa50021a62fc61ea27c.png

When I try to delete the software folder to enable the install to proceed, I'm told I can't because it's in use...

corsair3.png.7b115309933c896d78a970e22d52a1e8.png

Restarting my computer does not release the folder. I only way I can delete it is to open a terminal session as an administrator and force delete it. The whole process wastes so much time. This is ridiculous.

I have really come to the end of my patience with iCUE. While I like Corsair hardware and my current build is Corsair everyhere, I am at the point where I want to move away from Corsair products just to be rid of iCUE.  Before that happens, can anyone suggest why my CueCore.dll keeps disappearing, and is there a less time-consuming way to repair it?

Corsair 5000T case, 2 x Dominator 16GB RAM, iCue 150i Elite AIO, a bunch of additional iCUE fans.