Corsair Community

Hello, I just bought Nexus and right away was struggling to get the thing to work.

A brief descriptions on my system: AMD 5600x CPU (ASUS x570-e mobo), NVIDIA 4070, 32GB, Windows 10, Corsair K70 low profile mk.2 keyboard, Corsair 5000D Airflow case.

1. The first problem I had was getting the device to be recognized by the iCUE software. The screen on the Nexus was just showing a download icon. So I uninstalled iCUE software, reinstalled it, still didn't recognize the Nexus device.
  2. The next thing I did was try to directly connect it to a different USB ports on the back on my computer. Still, the device isn't recognized.
  3. Next, I unplugged all my USB devices from my computer (keyboard, mouse,  audio interface, midi controller), then plugged them all back (including the Nexus). Still, the same download icon on the display.
  4. Next, I uninstalled the iCUE software again, then unplugged everything but the mouse and shut down my system. Then I plugged in all the devices and booted the system. Still the download icon on the Nexus display. I then installed the iCUE software, and during installed, it recognized the device. Hmmm....
  5. I then configured the device using the iCUE software. Everything was working great, until...
  6. Days gone by and things were working great, and for no reason that I could see, I heard the Windows USB disconnect/connect sound happen a few times and noticed the iCUE Nexus rebooted (must have crashed while it was polling my motherboard for CPU/GPU temp (that's what I use it for)). This happened a few times as I was sitting there just working on a document.
  7. Next, I noticed that the Nexus is stuck on the splash screen (boot Corsair logo). The download icon screen doesn't appear, it just kind of stuck in a reboot state I think. I unplugged it, went through the whole drill as before to see if I could reset it somehow, but it's just stuck and the iCUE software no longer recognizes it.

So I did some searching on the forums and notice a lot of people have similar issues. None of the fixes I found on the forum has helped, so I'm thinking about returning it. It's too bad because it's such a great idea. Unfortunately, now I have the bracket glued pretty tightly to my keyboard, so I'll have to pry that off somehow, potentially ruining my keyboard. 😞

If anyone has any ideas about what I can try to at least get this back to the download icon state, it will be much appreciated. However, I'm thinking that the firmware is corrupt at this point.

Oh well, another great tech idea that's both fun and useful, only to be let down by poor quality

Edited by jjamerson

I would also try using Revo uninstaller or CC cleaner to remove all the leftover registry files. Also, there is the USB suspend setting. A link to all the folders you need to delete.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-iCUE-How-to-perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-iCUE

1. Go to the Control Panel.
2. Click on "Power Options".
3. Click on "Change Plan settings".
4. Click on "Change Advanced Power Settings".
5. Scroll down to "USB settings" cl;ick the "+" Under USB selective suspend settings, choose "Disable".
6. Click "Apply".

Or by the registry.

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type "regedit" (without quotes) in the box and hit Enter.
3. Navigate to this path in the registry editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\A4B195F5-8225-47EB-89C6-43CDD82A19B6
4. Double-click on the "Attributes" key on the right-hand side.
5. Change the value from 1 to 2.
6. Click "OK" to save the changes.

Once you've done this, restart your computer and see if it solves the issue.

If the problem persists, you can try updating the drivers for your USB devices. To do this, go to Device Manager, locate your USB hub, right-click on it, and select "Update driver". Windows should automatically search for and install the latest drivers for your devices.

You can also try disabling the "fast startup" option in Windows. This option is known to cause issues with USB devices. Here's how to disable it:

1. Go to the Control Panel.
2. Click on "Power Options".
3. Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".
4. Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable".
5. Scroll down to "Shutdown settings" and uncheck the box that says "Turn on fast startup".
6. Click "Save changes".

There are also some people stating that they bought a powered USB header and that fixed their disconnect issues.

Edited by KILLER_K
Forgot cleaning link.