Corsair Community

iCUE v5.11.96 makes K55 unusable.

Reinstalled my machine today. Had some software that wouldn't cleanly uninstall and left something behind that still started during boot. That stuff had a huge memoryleak also.

So instead of sitting and trying to find where it was, I decided to reinstall. It made som sense in my head anyway.

New SSD's a rewiring of new and old fans.

But to my surprise. After installing a fresh Win 11 Pro, updating all the drivers. I install iCUE v5.11.96 and my keyboard starts to fail when iCUE loads.

The keyboard works for a second and then stops working for a couple of seconds, this keeps on happening for up to a minute. Then the keyboard stops working permanently until I quit iCUE.

Hardware as follows.

Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus.

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 4500.

Cpu Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT.

Ram: Corsair DDR4 3200MHz Vengeance RGB PRO.

Graphics: Asus GTX1660 6GB Tuf Gaming OC.

Fan and RGB Controller: Commander Core XT.

Psu: Seasonic Focus GX 850W.

Storage: 2* PNY CS900 240GB SATA, 1 PNY CS3030 500GB M.2, 1 ADATA SU650 240GB SATA, 1 Mushkin MKNSSDEV1TB-D8 M.2.

Mouse: Corsair Dark Core RGB SE Wireless with Qi.

Keyboard: Corsair K55.

Case: Slightly modded Carbide Air 540 with 12 low powered fans for better cooling. 2* 120mm in the bottom of mobo side, 1 140mm out back. 2* 140mm out top mobo side, 3* 120mm pushers on rad, 2* GrauGear m.2 coolers with microfans, 2* 80mm fans for SSD cooling in the PSU side of case.

My solution at the moment is to not run iCUE, as I need the pc to just work.

I still don't understand why iCUE messed up my keyboard today, it worked just fine earlier. If I disregard the memory leak of that pipsqueak software. Last time I will try to install a modmanager for any game, I'll just do it manually as I always did before.