Corsair Community

iCue issue with new PC build

Built my son a new PC:

7800x3D cpu

b650 tomahawk mobo

TeamGroup T-FORCE VULCAN 2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz ram (no bling bling on it)

Everything is working fine except I noticed on idle his cpu was at like 12% usage and switching between high and very high power usage for "system" in the task manager.  He has CORSAIR iCUE v5.8.130 with iCUE Murals installed. Using windows 10.

I have a 5800x, x570 tomahawk mobo  with more things running at idle and only get 2% cpu usage and low power usage.  Both PC have pretty much that same settings such as high performance power plan, with sleep mode off etc etc. I have CORSAIR iCUE Software (Version: 4.29.203) installed. Using windows 10.

After using msconfig to figure this out turns out the new version of icue which I installed on my son new PC build CORSAIR iCUE v5.8.130 with iCUE Murals is the problem, as soon as I turn icue off his cpu usage goes back down to 1-2% and low power usage comparable to what I have on my PC build.

I installed icue version CORSAIR iCUE v4.33.138 with iCUE Murals  on his and that seems to have fixed the issue. I tried doing a repair install of the newer version of icue and same issue.

NOTE: In task manager it is not the icue.exe programs that have the high usage but instead icue causes the "SYSTEM" (ntoskrnl.exe) to spike up in usage and cause it to have high power usage as well which cause overall cpu usage to hit around 12% instead of what should be around 2% usage.

Not sure how long the new version of icue has been out but it got some issues with windows 10.