Corsair Community

iCUE loses connection with Headset while using it. (GER/ENG)

Yaaa

Hey,

i bought the HS80 MAX and I rlly like it, but when I select an equalizer mode and close iCUE, while gaming the HS80 disappears in iCUE and the Headset uses a random setting.

image.thumb.png.fe6c5db2f34c57f726f3a370cdcf8510.png

You can see the headset here, but it just disappears while gaming or doing other stuff.

Does someone have similar problems? It´s rlly annoying.

Edited by Yaaa

• 2 months later...

so i may have found what the problem is since switching off auto shut off on the headset i no longer have problems of headset disconnecting or disappearing from icue. If anyone else can copy this and let me know how you get on it maybe be a fix to something corsair seem to have a hard time fixing.

P.S you will have to switch the headset off manually just a reminder.

Screenshot 2024-01-02 165043.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have found a solution to this issue but its slightly annoying.

1. Do a fresh install of ICUE, Uninstall ICUE and delete your user settings as well, so you will have to reapply all your setting for fans, lighting etc ( if you use ICUE for controlling that stuff).
  2. Once uninstalled, Reinstall ICUE and restart your computer.
  3. When you log back in, plug in your wireless receiver and Headset with the provided USB-C and let it install your modules for receiver and headsets.
  4. Restart you computer
  5. Once Logged back in. Pair the device in the setting menu either within the receiver settings or headset settings.
  6. Next head over to your advanced sound settings within windows and disable all other audio devices that you are not using and make your headset a default audio device.

Here is the annoying part you have to keep ICUE open in the background  with the window open, this means ICUE doesn't go to sleep and lose connecting with the headset. Also i have been plugging the headset into my computer when im not using it, one to charge and to make sure it ICUE knows that there is a headset connected.

hope that helps

• 1 month later...