Corsair Community

What are your Cinebench scores for i9-13900K owners?

vett93

I have a Vengeance i7400 with i9-13900K CPU and 4090 GPU. I did  fast runs (i.e., not extended timed test). The highest single core score is 2,088 and highest multi-core score is 33,976. Aren't they quite low for this processor?

just a quick test gave me :

Multi core : 37729

Single core :  2207

I suppose in good Corsair fashion they dropped PL1 and PL2 so the cooler doesn't struggle (which isn't a bad thing). Have a look at the power limits, see how they are. It's supposed to run cinebench R23 at ~253W and complete it before the power limit expires (56 seconds).

can't edit... just to add my CPU is stock, besides making PL1 AND PL2 to be 253W. but that doesn't change a thing for Cinebench R23 since the test passes quickly.

.. and btw :

Cinebench 2024 Downloads (maxon.net)

😉

Edited by LeDoyen

On 9/29/2023 at 11:21 AM, LeDoyen said:

I suppose in good Corsair fashion they dropped PL1 and PL2 so the cooler doesn't struggle (which isn't a bad thing). Have a look at the power limits, see how they are. It's supposed to run cinebench R23 at ~253W and complete it before the power limit expires (56 seconds).

Thanks. Do I adjust PL1 and PL2 in the BIOS? Or use an Intel tool?

you can do it in bios, or in windows with Intel XTU (extreme tuning utility).

Beware, if Corsair did indeed reduce them, it may be to avoid overheating, so, you may test see how the cooler fares.

Better do it with XTU to start with maybe

Good point. Can other i7400 with i9-13900K owners please comment?

On 9/29/2023 at 11:28 AM, LeDoyen said:

can't edit... just to add my CPU is stock, besides making PL1 AND PL2 to be 253W. but that doesn't change a thing for Cinebench R23 since the test passes quickly.

.. and btw :

Cinebench 2024 Downloads (maxon.net)

😉

Thanks for the link to Cinebench 2024. I used it to benchmark my i7400 and found the scores are about 10% lowered than the average scores of these devices. It is probably not worth the effort to tweak them to get 10% gain for my uses (software development). The scores from my i7400 are:
4090: 31,630 
Single core: 125
Multi core: 1910

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 11:21 AM, LeDoyen said:

After some tweaking, I get R23 multi-core > 38000. I set PL1=PL2=253w. It is thermal stable for 30 minutes of stress test; i.e. no thermal throttling on HWInfo64. 

as long as water doesn't get to crazy temps, you're all good 🙂

Thanks for all the pointers in the past. The coolant temp does not go above low 40s. But I pushed back PL1=230W. The performance difference is very small among 230w, 240w, and 250w. With a 10 minute thermal stress run, the Cinebench R23 MC score is 37K. I also use various tools to stress test and found it stable.

A key from my experience is to under volt the CPU. With MSI board, CPU Lite Load seems to work well.