Corsair Community

Commander Pro does not show up in iCUE no matter what I do

tkahn

Hi!

I have been running a Corsair Commander Pro for several years now without issues. A couple of weeks ago it dissapeared from iCUE when I was installing a new fan. I have tried the following:

• Uninstalled iCUE and removed all folders and records in the registry associated with it, then reinstalled the latest version.
  • Updated the BIOS for my motherboard (MSI MEG X570 UNIFY) to the latest version (7C35vAH, 2023-07-03).
  • Updated the chipset drivers for the motherboard (X570 chipset).
  • Tried a different unit (a brand new Corsair Commander Pro)
  • Tried a different USB port on the motherboard.
  • Tried a different port on my internal USB hub.
  • Ran updates on Windows 11.
  • Set the PCIe lanes to Gen3 in the BIOS settings.
  • Set the XHCI handoff to disabled in the BIOS settings.
  • Set Legacy USB to auto in the BIOS settings.
  • Tried resetting the Commander Pro by following these instructions: https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057712532-How-to-Perform-a-factory-reset-on-the-Commander-Pro. The LED never comes on even if I wait a really long time.
  • Tried a different power cable and made sure that the only unit connected to it was the Commander Pro. It didn't make a difference.
  • Bought and installed a separate PCI Express USB card and connected my Commander Pro to it thinking it might be an issue with using the USB headers on the motherboard or in my internal USB hub. Commander Pro didn't show up in iCUE even after I reinstalled it once again.

Using a tool called USBLogView I can see that the system senses when I connect and disconnect the Commander Pro. It's currently on Port#0004 Hub#0008.

I have two other products from Corsair: a H80i V2 and a H115i Platinum. Both these units show up in iCUE and are working fine.

Now I'm at my wits end and don't know what more I could do? I have seen the posts on the internet regarding the USB issues with motherboards from AMD with the x570 chipset, but this is supposed to have been fixed in the latest versions of the BIOS (and I have the latest).

So if it shows up as a USB hub in Windows, but does not appear in iCUE could it be something with the power? The fan that I connected when it dissapeared was not brand new and could be a bit flakey.

Thankful for any tips regarding further troubleshooting.

/Thomas

Edited by tkahn

Opened it up to get access to the circuitboard and measured all the incoming voltages: 3.3v, 5v and 12v. They all read like they should. So the problem is not the supply of power coming from SATA into to the Corsair Commander Pro.

When I looked at the main chip though (to the center/left on the board) it had a white stain on it. In the image I've rubbed it off. It looked like paint or something that resembles chalk since it was powdery when I scraped it off.

My first thought was that it could be residue of some sort if the chip has been fried? But then I found a post in another forum that said that it was common for chips to have markings on them to signal they've been tested and verified: https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/555491/what-are-some-reasons-for-hand-painted-dots-on-chips.

commander-pro_inside.jpg

Edited by tkahn