Corsair Community

HS55 Wireless Random Mic Sensitivity Max

Hello. I bought an HS55 Wireless a few months back and after about a month I was told that my mic can randomly sound garbled and static-y. I checked my Mic settings and iCue settings - all drivers are up to date. I checked the volume levels and every time I would even slightly breathe into the mic the sensitivity or output level would max, instantaneously. If I disable the device in Sound settings and then re-enable it, the problem goes away (for a period of time) so it's not hardware, it's software.

I really like the headset as a whole, but for this to be happening so early I've just been going nuts. Anyone have any advice or insight?

iCue version: 5.5.134

HS55 Wireless version: 0.11.102

HS55 Wireless Receiver firmware version: 0.8.52

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am having this problem as well.  Brand new HS55 wireless headphones.  Connected via the RF dongle.  Installed the iQUE software and updated firmware, then found the software didn't provide ANY features other than firmware updating, so I removed it.  I have tried changing the audio bit rate, and also tried turning off/on audio enhancements.  Rebooting did not help.  Like others, I found changing the selected microphone then changing it back resolves the trouble temporarily.

• 1 month later...

I also have this issue, have had it since ive bought it. It is insane to me that the only suggestion that corsair has for this issue is to clean install. Ive done that THREE times and this issue persists. Never purchasing another corsair product ever again. Absolute garbage support for an issue that is so prevalent here on the support forums.

• 5 weeks later...

made an account just to leave a comment.

I've had this headset for a year, its absolute garbage. I have to fix it multiple times a day, DURING MATCHES.

Mic volume amplifies x100 EAR RAPING my teammates.

sometimes i just mute myself, cause i'm tired of having to disable my mic, then unable it thru the open sound settings>Under input devices/Manage sound devices>corsair headset

everyday, during matches, alt tab, fix headset, resume game, 10mins later, ear rape, alt tab, fix headset, everyday

Do not buy corsair headsets.

I cannot recommend enough

There is no fix, I've searched far and wide, and have tried everything. uninstalling, reinstalling, updating. adjusting sound settings thru ICue, Window Settings, Control Panel, Device Manager. Left the headset wired, Bluetooth thru Dongle and straight Bluetooth.

Still it finds a way to amplify my Mic input x100.