Corsair Community

Which order should I change my timings?

I've established that my lowest timings can be 2-3-3-5.

The PC will boot into Windows fine. But some applications, expecially games, won't work. My voltages are perfect too.

Putting the timings to default, yet keeping the same DDR speed, makes games work. Assume that my FSB clocks/voltages have to stay where they are.

If I had to increase one of those 2-3-3-5 timings, which one shall I do, that may help fix the apps, while keeping the timings as low as possible.

Basically, which one of those timings is least important that I should increase? Or, increase and test in which order?

Just for kicks, you can try 2-3-3-7, but that probably won't do it.

Your default is probably something like 2.5-3-3-8 and it's that CAS latency at 2.5 which is making all the difference.

It's also the most important of these four latencies as far as bandwidth is concerned, especially for games.

However, it may be your only option. You can increase the Row Precharge or the RAS to CAS delay to 4, but don't bet on that making a difference.

PLUR

CK

p.s. When you say your voltages are perfect, what does that mean? I wouldn't try to run that at anything below 2.7 volts VDimm.

Just for kicks, you can try 2-3-3-7, but that probably won't do it.

Your default is probably something like 2.5-3-3-8 and it's that CAS latency at 2.5 which is making all the difference.

It's also the most important of these four latencies as far as bandwidth is concerned, especially for games.

However, it may be your only option. You can increase the Row Precharge or the RAS to CAS delay to 4, but don't bet on that making a difference.

PLUR

CK

p.s. When you say your voltages are perfect, what does that mean? I wouldn't try to run that at anything below 2.7 volts VDimm.

Thanks for your reply. My voltage is set at 2.75. I'm completely happy with all my other settings, and only want to concentrate on the RAM timings now.

As CAS is most important, I just changed it from 2-3-3-5 to 2-3-3-6. Mostly everything seems to work, even games, but I do recieve the occasional memory cannot be read error. And that's definately due to the timings, because if I increase them more, the errors don't appear.

I'll see how 2-3-3-6 goes for now, and then try 2-3-3-7. If that doesn't fix it, I'll use your suggestion of 2.5 for CAS :sunglasse

Archived