Corsair Community

iCue uninstaller not working.

For some reason Icue's uninstaller isn't actually doing anything. Instead of actually uninstalling iCUE it's giving me this prompt instead (see img). The program as a whole is also NOT appearing in control panel's remove programs or setting's remove programs areas. 

image.png.a9f2e0ab94cc9a5b7f71e3988037f7e9.png

If anyone more tech savy than me knows what the problem is and how to fix it I would really appreciate any fixes you think might work.

On 6/23/2023 at 12:58 PM, Ze_Ghomst said:

iCUE it's giving me this prompt

I can’t tell you why it’s spitting that out, but it’s interesting it contains some language/location parsing. That has been one of the more vexing issues thus far on CUE 5 with some users unable to install because if perceived language/location mismatches with Windows. Did you have to jump through any hoops when installing?  Anything out if the ordinary about your Windows location/language arrangement?  We’ve seen issues with users in Greece, Turkey, Sweden, but generally when a language on the installer that didn’t match the OS language. Some were able to workaround by changing it temporarily for the install. Possible this has a consequence on removal?

In practical terms, you’ve probably resolved this by now but try the non-invasive clean install directions below first. Deleting the local files manually may wipe the language files and get around the block. If that does not work, then it’s time for a uninstall program like Revo, IO Bit, or whoever you like. Most of them give you a freebie first run. 

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Edited by c-attack

On 6/28/2023 at 6:11 AM, c-attack said:

I can’t tell you why it’s spitting that out, but it’s interesting it contains some language/location parsing. That has been one of the more vexing issues thus far on CUE 5 with some users unable to install because if perceived language/location mismatches with Windows. Did you have to jump through any hoops when installing?  Anything out if the ordinary about your Windows location/language arrangement?  We’ve seen issues with users in Greece, Turkey, Sweden, but generally when a language on the installer that didn’t match the OS language. Some were able to workaround by changing it temporarily for the install. Possible this has a consequence on removal?

In practical terms, you’ve probably resolved this by now but try the non-invasive clean install directions below first. Deleting the local files manually may wipe the language files and get around the block. If that does not work, then it’s time for a uninstall program like Revo, IO Bit, or whoever you like. Most of them give you a freebie first run. 

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

No strange hoops on installing, it just gave me that issue after hitting me with another error on iCUE Macro Execution is not working properly.

Edit: I also cannot follow those steps as it doesn't even appear on my list of programs so I think I might have to get an uninstall program.

Edited by Ze_Ghomst