Corsair Community

Corsair fans stopped lighting up after a rebuild

Go to solution Solved by c-attack,

I have the QL 120 corsair fans 7 of them with 2 of the lighting node core fan hubs which hold 6 fans each. My original set up was 6 fans into 1 of the hubs and the last fan in the last hub which worked perfectly fine until I decided to re-cable manage my pc. I took everything out every plug from both hubs and when I put it all back together now only 2 fans light up, 1 fan lights up in each hub and that's it. Note: I did not plug the fans back into the hub in the same order as when it used to work. I did not think this would cause any issues but seeing as its the only thing that was changed when putting it back together I though id mention it.  

• Solution

The Lighting Node Core devices are serial.  If there is a break anywhere in the circuit, the lights go out there.  That means no skipping numbers on the hub and you must start at 1-2-3, etc.  If you broke the 7 into a different group like 4+3, that's fine, but it must be 1-2-3 and 1-2-3-4 on the two hubs.

The other possibility is that a fan in the chain has a dead LED and the signal stops there.  If you have two fans each in the 1 slot and they are both partially lit, that suggests both have an issue.  Try swapping a different fan into the 1 slot to test and move the suspect fans to the end of the chain.  

Presumably the CUE lighting set-up did not reset, but if you changed the balance between the controllers, you will also need to change the Lighting Set-up to reflect that.  QL fan x 4, QL fan x 3, etc.