Corsair Community

Is iCue bugged or what?

Antonio Rodrigues

Everytime I'm going to play a game where I use macro, I need change profiles, where I bind a key to change beetween few profiles, which each profile has a specific config.

I realized that the comand ( mouse spray ) were not working properly, so I though that the comand was wrong. Actually it was not, it worked perfect! The problem was with iCue. How?

I need help with this, iCue stop working properly after few minutes / change profiles. Look the picture!

The black one is how it loks like when I first open iCue, where everything works PERFECT.

Then few minutes or even second later it becomes kinda gray?

Next step it blurs the icon and gets gray.

Next step I did not screenshot because it took sometime, however it goes worse and worse until a WHITE SQUARE.

Thats when I do the comand in game and it goes like 1 frame per second each movement, what should take 5seconds take like 20 seconds?

That's when I face problem with the macro, so I need to restart the iCue every 5minutes to have perfect sync. I NEED HELP RIGHT NOW, I bought the mouse and keyboard from Corsair to have a full experience in game, and this is hella far from good experience!

Captura de Tela (79).png

Captura de Tela (77).png

Captura de Tela (78).png

I don't understand what in the iCue software you're referring to when you say "comand ( mouse spray )"

Is that something in the game you're trying to play, or something in iCue itself? What other software did you have running?

On 4/7/2023 at 3:32 PM, Sooty said:

I don't understand what in the iCue software you're referring to when you say "comand ( mouse spray )"

Is that something in the game you're trying to play, or something in iCue itself? What other software did you have running?

the macro inside iCue has a pattern = the spray of the weapon in-game. It need to be exactly the same to it work. It does when I first open iCue, however with time it goes all wrong.

Yeah, that's not what profiles or macros for that matter are intended for. I'd recommend you don't do this, cause best case scenario you get banned, and worst case scenario they'll ban anyone running iCUE in the background when gaming as it could be used for cheating if more people do what you do. And for a software that for some people are critical to handle fan and pump speeds, you want to be able to have that running.

Learn the sprays yourself, learn the weapons and get skills. Having the computer do it for you ain't it, chief.

On 4/11/2023 at 4:06 PM, CYRO said:

Yeah, that's not what profiles or macros for that matter are intended for. I'd recommend you don't do this, cause best case scenario you get banned, and worst case scenario they'll ban anyone running iCUE in the background when gaming as it could be used for cheating if more people do what you do. And for a software that for some people are critical to handle fan and pump speeds, you want to be able to have that running.

Learn the sprays yourself, learn the weapons and get skills. Having the computer do it for you ain't it, chief.

Thanks for the reply.

Bro, i bought the perifericals just for the intention of macro and performance, why whould I just dont to it? I'm not getting ban since it doesnt even work, and yeah macros are for the use I want em to be.

Every mouse or keyboard software these days has macro support. they would ban everyone if using macros was bad.. 

But still.. the git gud argument holds 😛

On 4/13/2023 at 4:46 PM, LeDoyen said:

Every mouse or keyboard software these days has macro support. they would ban everyone if using macros was bad.. 

But still.. the git gud argument holds 😛

The type of macros matter. Something that's more QOL, like, for example, open the inventory, move the mouse to an item and equip it/use it, that's fine.

Having the macro manage the spray pattern of a weapon for you or remove other skill-based difficulties, that's what's concidered cheating and is grounds for a ban. But generally, game makers and cheat makers tend to not want to risk it, and instead ban the use of all macros, even QOL, if enough users cause problems with cheating-macros. And I'd rather not have that happen, as it could progress to the point where they outright ban the entire software, including the critical features to control fan and pump speeds.