Corsair Community

Icue display bug since the last windows 11 update

Good morning,

Today is released a new windows update :

Win 11 Version 22H2 

Build 22621.1413

Availability date 2023-03-14

This update brings changes in the management of the system tray

And since then, the display of icue information on mouse over no longer works, although it does work on other applications

See here :

gifbug.gif.478ea9453605b52ffc7089260e08e00c.gif

Try running a repair install of CUE in the Windows Apps panel.  Select Corsair iCUE and "modify" from the drop down menu.  Follow the prompts for the repair installation.  This will not erase profiles or settings but sometimes clean up weird issues.

I been using those Win 11 tray changes for a couple of months with CUE and that was not an issue, so this is likely an installation issue rather than incompatibility.  

• 1 month later...

(With the realization that it's obviously possible for more than one person to encounter the same installation issues) I just wanted to point out that I am having the same problem with Windows 11 and the iCue system tray icon.

Wouldn't have mentioned my situation, as I am running a preview version of Win11, but it is notable that this problem isn't just associated with a single Win11 build.

iCUE 5.1.1113

Win 11 Version 22H2

Build 23440.1000

Availability date 2023-04-14

If you are in the Dev Channel for Windows deployment, it certainly is possibly it's a Windows issue.  The task bar seems to be a point of considerable development and simultaneous regression in Win 11.   On the CUE end, all you can do is the repair install.  They aren't going to address issues present in Windows pre-release versions.  For the small amount it's worth, I have not seen issues with the Task Bar icons through CUE 5 testing on various 22xxx Beta builds.