Corsair Community

Sensors not showing all of a sudden on Corsair - Icue 4.33.138 - Please Help

Good Afternoon,

First time poster here and I'm hoping for some assistance please.

I had a PC custom built for me some months ago as follows:

12900k 16 core 24 thread CPU

32gb RAM (DDR5 5600mhaz/cl36)
RTX 3090 graphics (ROG)
2x 2tb gen 4 NVMe SSDs (5 year warranty)
8tb HDD
360mm AIO liquid cooler (5 year warranty)
1250w PSU (10 year warranty)
Lian Li D011 case
6x Corsair SP 120 fans (2 year warranty)
Wi-Fi/Bluetooth
Windows 10 home
3 year warranty

I had ICue set up for me as it was a live PC build that was streamed on youtube. 

All of a sudden last week, all of my sensors disappeared after an update was done, with the exception of Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 - DRAM. I went straight to Dr Google of course and went into Apps & Features, did the repair bit from, the Corsair ICUE and it bought all the sensors back up until today when the disappeared again. I tried the same repair/modify thing several times and it didn't bring all the sensors back up for me. I deleted and re-added ICUE X 3 times but the sensors are still not showing. I even went into the Corsair folder in Program Files and tried to start the program from the Corsair.Service.CpuldRemore64.exe but that didn't bring the sensors back up either.

I'm not that tech savy so if anyone knows of anything I can do to fix this and have all of my sensors show up again, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris

56 minutes ago, John Hoang said:

Is there any hardware monitor software running on your system?

Hi John,

That would be no..I have a few in the background that I can click on to check things like MSI Afterburner, HWMonitir, Speedfan and Core Temp but none of them are running in the background and I have to manually click on them to open that program. I manually checked Privacy settings and apps running in the background and there are no software monitor programs running in the background.

Cheers,

Chris

Can you be specific about which sensors you are referring to?  The small group on the bottom left of the Home Screen?  The Dashboard?  Or the sensors are missing from the drop down menu in the sensor choice for fan control?

12 hours ago, c-attack said:

Can you be specific about which sensors you are referring to?  The small group on the bottom left of the Home Screen?  The Dashboard?  Or the sensors are missing from the drop down menu in the sensor choice for fan control?

Hello c-attack,
Thank you for your reply.

All of the sensors except the Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 DRAM are not showing.

Sensors that were up there previously and are not showing now are as follows:

1. Intel Core I9 12900K Processor

2. ASUS Rog Strix 3090 OC 24GB GPU

3. My 2 X 2TB SSD and 1 X 8TB HDD

4. Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm AIOI liquid Cooler

5. ROG Strix B660-F Gaming WIFI Motherboard

6. Cooler Master 1250W power supply

7. Corsair 12mm Icue SP120 RGB Elite PMW case fan

That pretty much covers it and if you have any ideas or suggestions I'm all ears.

Kind regards

Chris

There are a couple of these “sensors are missing” posts right now. Unfortunately that doesn’t narrow it down between a CUE version issue, a recent Windows change, or a 3rd party program interfering. I’d start with the easiest option - rolling back to CUE 4.32. Uninstall CUE normally through the Windows apps list. DO NOT choose the erase all profiles and settings options. Then install 4.32 from below. It will pick up as things where the moment you installed 4.33. 

Download for 4.32 https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.32.129_release.msi

If that does not work, then you’ll need to decide between doing a clean install of CUE or trying to hunt the Windows change or program interfering.  

Clean install directions

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue happen to me last night.  PC went to sleep and everything was working but this morning, nothing.  By nothing, I mean that iCue doesn't show any sensors.  My only iCue devices are RAM and they are stuck in the initial rainbow pattern.  I have tried following the uninstall steps including folder cleaning and registry cleaning.  Still nothing showing unfortunately.

I'm using an Asus mainboard and running all RGB through Armoury Crate and I had it all working after a number of different attempts but now I'm truly humbled by what's going on with the blank iCue screen.

My build is:

1. ASUS ROG STRIX B760-A
  2. 12600K
  3. Cooler Master ML240L
  4. Corsair Vengeance RGB 8GB x4
  5. Cooler Master Halo 120x3
  6. RX 6750 XT

This topic is a little old so I wonder if there are newer things to try?

Screenshot 2023-04-10 152504.png

A lot of users seeing this were encountering an issue with Citrix Workspace. I don’t know if this applies to you or not. 

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/14242499752589-iCUE-device-recognition-issue-with-Citrix-Workspace-installed

• 2 months later...

I too have been having the issue - to the point that (since it was a brand new build) - I started from scratch and reinstalled windows. No dice. My iCue application looks exactly like the screenshot 2 posts up; furthermore, when I go to the Dashboard tab, the icon to customize the Dashboard is completely disabled.

Since reinstalling Windows, I've seen it work exactly twice - meaning, I can see the sensor widgets, as well as the widgets to control the LCD and the Corsair fans on the Main tab . It started working after I switched USB headers from my motherboard, then started working off and on between power cycles. As of this moment, it hasn't worked for 2 days now.

My setup is as follows:

ASUS ROG CrossHair VIII Dark Hero (BIOS 4501, running Armoury Crate, v5.6.8.0). All app and Core services have been updated, except for the ASUS HAL Central app (fails to install with an error 4139 the latest available update), and the ASUS framework service for the Dark Hero, which "downloads and installs", but the "Update" button still appears afterward. Despite these errors, iCue was working off and on beforehand, so I don't suspect that this is a root cause.

iCue H150i Elite LCD XT (running latest iCue software, all components at v5.3.102, along with the ASUS plugin)

Before reinstalling everything, I tried going back to 4.2, no dice. I've also tried using he ASUS Clean Uninstall utility and Full Package installs (which resolved my original AC  issue where it wouldn't detect the Motherboard, Memory, and Case RGB lighting devices). Based on what I've been seeing, I've determined that there's some kind of conflict between the Armoury Crate service and iCue, which wouldn't be surprising, given the extensive number of page hits I saw regarding past conflicts.

At this point, I'm kind of resigned to wait until either AC, iCue or both get a new update. 😞