Corsair Community

iCue not working

Hello, 

the iCue software has stopped working. I have restarted, unistalled, re-installed etc etc on my machine but every time i get it to start it freezes and get the Not-Working error.

I try then to End the Task in Task Manager but no avail. 

I am using Win10

On 3/14/2023 at 9:12 PM, Anko said:

Do you use any other software that may conflict with it? (Armoury crate for example or any other perifpherical management software)

I do use Armoury Crate, never had a problem. Version v4.33.138 does not open at all, the only version that opens is v3.38.88. Also I on the version I cannot even see my Keyboard (Strafe RGB MK.2)

Any input it will be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Cue 3.xx is from several years back when that software line terminated.  Any hardware released after that time will not be detected in CUE.

There are a couple of strange issues relating to device detection and launch integrity on 4..33 but no real clear connections or causes.  You can try rolling back to 4.32 to see if it helps.  If it does not load either, you will likely need to do a clean install to clean up the registry problems.

Download for 4.32 https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.32.129_release.msi

Clean install directions

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE

41 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Cue 3.xx is from several years back when that software line terminated.  Any hardware released after that time will not be detected in CUE.

There are a couple of strange issues relating to device detection and launch integrity on 4..33 but no real clear connections or causes.  You can try rolling back to 4.32 to see if it helps.  If it does not load either, you will likely need to do a clean install to clean up the registry problems.

Download for 4.32 https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.32.129_release.msi

Clean install directions

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE

Thank you sir! I will try this and get back to you!

12 hours ago, Nargo said:

Thank you sir! I will try this and get back to you!

Nothing! Did all of the suggestions. Installation of the previous version, clean install, removal of ArmouryCrate. 

Nothing works. As soon as I try to open iCue it crushes, gets to Not Responding mode.

No idea what to do as it was working fine a few months back. 

Any suggestions please let me know!

Unfortunately this suggests the problem is either some type of Windows corruption or you have a third program interfering with CUE. I don’t want to tell you to go reinstall Windows since that’s a giant pain in the ***, but if you have been dealing with this for months then you may be past the point where that is a concern. 

The more common issue is another program prevents CUE from loading. It’s not Armory Crate, but if it stops it from loading at boot I would look at (or list) anything in the task manager start up program list. It would have to be something already running before CUE can load up. 

10 hours ago, c-attack said:

Unfortunately this suggests the problem is either some type of Windows corruption or you have a third program interfering with CUE. I don’t want to tell you to go reinstall Windows since that’s a giant pain in the ***, but if you have been dealing with this for months then you may be past the point where that is a concern. 

The more common issue is another program prevents CUE from loading. It’s not Armory Crate, but if it stops it from loading at boot I would look at (or list) anything in the task manager start up program list. It would have to be something already running before CUE can load up. 

Yeah, kinda gave up. I removed iCue and just not going to bother. So far i have been using Armoury, iCue and Razer without any issues up until iCue decided to stop working. Glad I changed my headset cause the Virtuoso do not work without the iCue.

Thanks the for the help! If you guys think of anything else to try let me klnow!