Corsair Community

Third-party Conflict

I start a new job tomorrow using Citrix Workspace App and it breaks Icue after a restart the software refuses to open and crashes if it manages to open at all. After removing Citrix, it started working all right. I am not sure what the conflict is and how to work around it, so as an emergency, I will take any fixes.

On 3/13/2023 at 11:32 AM, FrxzNutella said:

I start a new job tomorrow using Citrix Workspace App and it breaks Icue after a restart the software refuses to open and crashes if it manages to open at all. After removing Citrix, it started working all right. I am not sure what the conflict is and how to work around it, so as an emergency, I will take any fixes.

This is a known issue and as far as I am aware there is no fix in sight.

I experienced random iCue problems last Friday afternoon and I eventually found a thread in here linking the erratic behaviour to a conflict with Citrix which makes zero sense to me.

I raised a ticket 4 days ago, but am yet to get a response from them. In my case I require Citrix for my work. Others here have uninstalled Citrix, but that is a luxury I do not have. In my case I uninstalled iCue as it is worthless to me.

I had this exact same issue.  I had to load Citrix for work and used my gaming pc. Icue crashes and pickup zero devices while citrix is running. Even if you close both apps and reboot Icue, same issue. Had to uninstall Citrix for Icue to work.

I’m going to give it a few weeks if there is no solution. I’ll dump my Corsair hardware and make the switch to Logitech. 

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in another thread...

Hope it helps you.

I had an issue with iCue software and Citrix Workspace too.  It was working fine for over a year and all of a sudden it started having issues.  What worked for me was uninstalling and installing an earlier version of Citrix Workspace.  Try the version 2210.5 from Oct 31, 2022.

Good Luck!

Omgosh THANKYOU!

I have been having issues with my Corsair H150i Capellex elite pump, the 3 included fans and 3 Corsair ML120 ARGB fans and uninstalling citrix has fixed it.

What an odd error - are there any Corsair experts who might know why a secure-sign in VPN software liek citrix would mess around specifically with corsair products?

My issue was only limited to the Corsair prodcuts. I run my RGB through SignalRGB for better lighting effects than are available in iCue and my RAM and GPU were running totally fine.

I tried everything, including testing them on a seperate, old  PC (worked fine), using different controllers (Commader Core, Lighting node Core) to no avail with Citrix up and running. 

I have even bought a USB hub that is due to arrive today as I have a B550 motherboard, and thought that was the issue (that I may well return now) 

Maybe this will shed some light for some improvements to icue/corsair integration. My issue was that, my commander core/pump/lighting node core did not show up in iCue:

1. SignalRGB detected both the commander core, and lighting core when iCue did not.

2. My issue caused a delay in the refresh rate of the RGB effects. When all 6 fans were hooked up to the cocore, it was about 20s delay as opposed to the smooth/multiple changes per second that RGB is capable of. 

3. Moving 3 of the fans to a Lighting Node Core reduced the delay to about 5 seconds

I tried everything else but citrix was the key.

Here is a link to the reddit post and a video showing the issue - the 'waves' of colour you can see on the RAM/GPU were supposed to extend to the fans/CPU pump block but didn't.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SignalRGB/comments/11y4fn6/issue_with_corsair_commander_core_and_laggy_rgb/

Update:

I found this fix on the Corsair site, it seems to be working for me now:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/14242499752589-iCUE-device-recognition-issue-with-Citrix-Workspace-installed

• 11 months later...

This is all well and good, but unfortunately lots of jobs (mine included) require app protection and will turn it on automatically. I hope citrix and corsair sort this out because without this bug fix I can't use iCue at all and it actually causes issues when trying to install an update or uninstall icue.

If anyone else has this problem, please speak up so this gets more priority from the devs.

Edited by Section82

• 4 months later...

This is still an issue as of 17-Jul-2024. With iCUE running, random characters get inserted within the Citrix Workspace when typing, but even after exiting the keyboard (K95) does not recognize multiple inputs (e.g. A+W for diagonal strafing) anymore. Requires deleting Device USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B2D&MI_00\7&39C8835D&0&0000  in device manager (Human Interface Device) and applying a Hardware Scan. Make sure you exit iCUE before doing that, otherwise the keyboard will no longer show.

Workaround: Completely exit iCUE before using Citrix.