Corsair Community

iCUE Not Loading at Startup or Crashing

Hi, Please can I get some help regarding issues I'm having with iCUE.

I have a 50/50 chance that iCUE will start at from a cold boot or restart. I sometimes have to restart my pc 3-4 time to get it to load.

When iCUE fails to load, manually starting the program doesn't work. Clicking the program icon literally does nothing. Stopping the process and restarting the software also does nothing.

When I do get iCUE to load, it will crash and freeze at 3-4 times a day. Most times I can relaunch iCue and it will reload my devices, sometimes I have to restart my PC. The problem with the crashes is, it stops the hardware memory function from working so, I also lose my hardware macros on all devices until iCUE has been relaunched.

I have read a few posts that say, just wait a few minutes for it to load. Rarely,  if I give it 5 minutes, it will eventually load. Most of the time it doesn't.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled iCUE severaltimes and I am using the latest version.

My PC, Drivers, Bios etc are fully updated. I have no other LED or fan software installed.

System Spec:

Windows 11 Pro

MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk

I7 13700k

Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 6000MHz DDR5

Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD XT 360mm

Corsair RM850x

MSI 1080 TI GAMING X

Sound Blaster Z

Any help would be appreciated.

HI,

normally, when freshly installed, iCUE starts automatically but, for some reason, then stops to startup at the boot.

In the registry I deleted the line with icuelauncher.exe command and inserted the command line icue.exe (I don't remember the exact position in the register) and now the program starts again automatically...

So weird!

Thank you for the reply. I tried your suggestion but, it made no difference.

Another thing I have noticed is, every now and then I see all the led's and the coller screen flicker for a second and then go back to normal. Almost as if the power or communication to iCUE is being dropped.

2 hours ago, ecstaticbrick said:

Thank you for the reply. I tried your suggestion but, it made no difference.

Another thing I have noticed is, every now and then I see all the led's and the coller screen flicker for a second and then go back to normal. Almost as if the power or communication to iCUE is being dropped.

Yeah, seems it loads in background, but is not functional...

Neither with my suggestion iCUE starts at boot?

I used to have the problem where it would load sometimes (often having to reset my PC a few times to get it to work), then I got a new (and better) computer and now whenever i attempt to open ICUE it doesn't open at all. HOWEVER, it does open if i open it with a normal mouse and not my  Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite mouse. But then if I plug my Corsair mouse and click on ICUE it crashes. Fantastic. Any help appreciated, i've only had the mouse for a few weeks so it's looking like a rather expensive wasted purchase thus far.

• 4 weeks later...

Any luck?  I'm having the same issue and i'm out of ideas aside from ones too extreme to bother like reinstalling windows.  I uninstalled icue, told it to remove all the settings and profiles, and now it won't recognize my k95 rgb at all.

Hey I did another comlete uninstall of the current version of icue 4 and installed the last version of icue 3, so far it's been working fine at startup, i'll report back if it changes.

• 1 month later...

As mention in this post the iCUE launcher .exe file  does not load properly. You could edit the registry or simply disable the iCue app in task manager startup apps then pin the iCUE.exe file to your task bar and launch it from there. See attached for file location. Worked for me.

Screen Shot iCUE Program Location .pdf

Having this problem too.  I personally think the problem is Corsair.  I'm sick and tired of them and their inability to fix or help problems. For example,  i bought the Void Pro wireless headset about a month after it got released, lasted 3 months before developing a fault.  Contacted Corsair and opened an RMA,  got a response saying the item is too far out off warranty (4 months old on a 2 year warranty.) NEVER using Corsair again, customer service is worse than the products. More to the point,  since building the PC in March 2020 EVERY Corsair component has been replaced, some components numerous times.