Corsair Community

Why did iCue 4.30.162 get rid of the default configurations like Rainbow Wave?

Archivist66

5 hours ago, d0ekun said:

What you could have done was provided change notes, a warning that settings and profiles would disappear

Setting and profiles do not disappear when upgrading from 4.29 to 4.30 or 4.31.  Your one click instant lighting access to several Lighting Link presets were removed.  Now you must create a profile for it and then add the Lighting Link effect.  While this does take 4 or 5 clicks to set up, it then can be activated or deactivated from the task bar unlike Scenes and thus does not require you to open the app.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 1:38 AM, MarshallGaming21 said:

I agree 100% with this. I have been with Corsair for 6 years if not longer and have loved everything but trying to get my old lighting patterns back is too much stress and time wasting that I do not need

If they are the ones that were in scenes before they are really easy to set up. Profiles are much better. 100s online to import

On 11/10/2022 at 12:52 PM, Corsair Notepad said:

Make sure you are using the Lighting Link effects, instead of the Presets if you wish for the effect to be synced across all devices. The Presets effects are device specific and will not sync with other devices with the same effect enabled.

image.png.842feef3238ffa2c1365b19c7695a16a.png

Bring back the "Scenes" tab for the "Rainbow Spiral" and "Rainbow Wave" effects. Why did it get replaced in the first place? So now if we want to set all our devices for Rainbow Wave we have to manually go into each of the devices and set them?!?? Like 1 I have no idea how to make a Mural and 2, look at all my devices. Like really? Just bring it back!!

Corsair.PNG

The new so called murals stink. Corsair didn't mind poking their customers in the eye without advanced notice or option to save scenes, even the custom scenes created by the customer. What were they thinking? 

5 hours ago, Archdragon90 said:

Bring back the "Scenes" tab for the "Rainbow Spiral" and "Rainbow Wave" effects. Why did it get replaced in the first place? So now if we want to set all our devices for Rainbow Wave we have to manually go into each of the devices and set them?!?? Like 1 I have no idea how to make a Mural and 2, look at all my devices. Like really? Just bring it back!!

Corsair.PNG

See Lighting Link. "Link" means all Corsair RGB devices will play and sync the same effect.

Just take 10s to setup. Cmon guys!!

Edited by John Hoang

9 hours ago, Archdragon90 said:

Corsair.PNG

No. Use Lighting link one one device, they all sync. Scenes were just preset profiles

• 1 month later...

I tried to use the corsair answers on this topic, and it worked on one of my systems but not on another. it was problematic at best. For me rolling back to 4.25.155 was problematic as well but best solution for me. Had to enable SPD write for corsair memory on z690 and run as admin to get Asus GPU to work in ICU. I think I will roll with that until fixed. The scenes are back. Its best solution for me.

Edited by williaml99

Just in case it makes any difference, the system that the new version worked with the with the instructions. had a corsair keyboard. The z690 had a Logitech keyboard with its own software. To be clear the I think instructions given are completely correct and appreciated. After I configured my maximus hero XI with strafe RBG MK.2 it worked as said. I could not get it to work on my Z690. I was probably just a frustrated bonehead but 4.25 gave the desired results in a much more straight forward way to me.

3 hours ago, williaml99 said:

After I configured my maximus hero XI with strafe RBG MK.2 it worked as said. I could not get it to work on my Z690

Murals does not have motherboard integration at this time.  

It's 3 click easy to quickly set a Lighting Link preset that instantly applies to all of your devices.  All of the former "presets" from scenes are there.  It's also somewhat advantageous to do it as a profile since you can switch back and forth between from the task bar without having to pull up the CUE app.  It also allows you more customization, in the case there are device(s) you want to do something slightly different.  However, if the motherboard integration is important to you, then you should stay on 4.25-4.27 for now.  

Edited by c-attack

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just want to add in that the update absolutely ruined icue for me. The murals all look like trash. I cannot find how to revert to my old settings. The help bot in this thread says it's possible to get back the old scenes but they provided no useful information on how to do so. Very disappointing. Just have my RGB lights on flat blue until this is fixed. Glad I spent hundreds of dollars on premium RGB accessories to lose all control over them.

4 hours ago, nerdsbane said:

I cannot find how to revert to my old settings. The

If you don’t want to read through this thread and the multiple places it details how to activate Lighting Link effects, you can follow the link to a very concise description. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...