Corsair Community

Corsair One i300 Hard Rebooting Itself

ToWn3r

Has anyone else experienced their i300 Hard Rebooting itself?

Just recently started experiencing an issue where my i300 system will hard reboot itself seeminly at random like in the middle of playing a game.

Only games I've had this occur with so far is Death Stranding Director's Cut and Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Warzone.

It's happened once just when trying to launch the game, so I don't think it's related to temp or power draw issues.

It doesn't seem like the system even knows it happens as I can't seem to find any error logs or what not other than there was a Critical Kernel-Power event.
Kernel-Power (70368744177664),(2)

Trying to decide which level of debugging info i want, Kernel memory dump, Auto, active, or complete memory dump.

Anyone else experienced something like this?

To me it sounds like overheating not enough fan speed.  Tell em turn the fans up to 60-70% Constant fan then let us know what happens. Also our systems are getting older we all probably coming due for initial repastes if u bought early like me.  These systems to small and heat sensitive to f around with old TIM.

Edited by zguy85

• 3 weeks later...

I normally always have it set to 70%.

But now even with fans at 100%, COD MW2 is causing it to hard power off & reboot.

• 2 weeks later...

These temps shouldn't cause the system to hard reboot, right?

image.thumb.png.9cb658c3d07216c1636fa106839b7292.png

Has to be a hardware issue like the PSU becoming overwhelemd or something wrong with the graphics card.

Strange thing is that it seems to happen way more lately when playing the new CoD: MW2 (2022).

Happened almost every few matches with the NVIDIA 526.47 graphics driver. 
The Hotfix 526.61 drive seems to have helped quite a bit, rarely crashes now, but still does randomly.
The newly released 526.86 driver brought back the issue causing it to hard reboot every match.

I have a ticket open with Corsiar Support and am attempting an Advanced RMA but haven't heard back from them in almost  a week now.

Support Request #2005657692

I had the same issue with MW2 and found just like you see there, the memory Temps were the cause.  I did testing its what I found.   This was due to the NVIDIA drivers realeased at the time.  Rolled back my 3080ti drivers and it fixed it.   BUT NOW,  there is a new driver out that works, don't just download it through NVidia Experience.... MANUALLY UNINSTALL ALL your Nvidia software, go to the website download and this is important!  MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE LITTLE CHECKBOX... PERFORM CLEAN INSTALL.  This will fix it.

Edited by zguy85

Which driver version are you using now?  ToWn3r looks like he has had the best luck with 526.61.  I am currently trying that driver to see if it helps at all.  Its pretty old though so it might give me other problems.  If you're using the newest driver and have it fixed that would be great.  I had them installed but hadn't done a clean install.  

Watch this video it might help.

Gave it a watch.  Right now I don't feel like it is a cooling issue.  My temps seem fine.  They are under 70 while playing MW2.  I've got the Corsair iCUE fan setting on extreme and the fan is really blowing.    I might try this guys suggestion of lowing the frame rate.  See if that helps any but I feel like the answer might be elsewhere.  Thanks for your help zguy.

Your GPU Temps looked good but your vram Temps looked pretty high like mine did.  It's your vram Temps that caught my eye.

My replacement unit is arriving next week.

just saw others are experiencing the same issue which makes me fear the replacement unit is gonna do the same thing being I highly doubt they fixed any of the issues with cooling the vram. :(

Also found using MSI Afterburner and setting the power limit to 90% seemed to help.

System still seems to crash at random but way less.

New system has arrived.
Updated Windows and Graphics Driver
Installed MW2
Played a couple of MW2 matches w/ out any crashes yet.

Sadly temps are still crazy high, even w/ fans at 70%

image.png.a51c63783c7d3d8498622cd937cbd390.png