Corsair Community

Icue and Windows 11

So I am having a few issues with icue that seem to be related and much worse on W11. 

Icue will crash and close when I pull my pc out of sleep pretty much every time and when I put my PC to sleep icue doesn't shut my ram down quick enough and it will stay lit even with nothing on under the hardware profile.

Icue would crash in W10 after sleep but it was way less often.

CUE failure to resume on wake has been a meandering issue for a long time.   When you boot the PC normally, everything has an ordered progression through the start-up.  When you wake from sleep, it all is thrust back into operation at the same time and CUE does not always start up again.  It could be on the CUE end.  It also can be other software programs fighting over the same devices.  That said, there has been a recent spike in user reports on 4.24 and so I started putting my PC to sleep this week.  I was not able to cause CUE to crashes or freezes, even with the RAM which is the most common.  I am also on Win 11 and have been so for almost a year, so it's not quite as simple as CUE causes this.  

There are some things you can try:

1) If it freezes or does not wake on boot, quit and restart the app.  Typically that's all it takes to put things back in order.  Or quit CUE before you put the PC to sleep,  Then after wake, launching normally should side step any "wake at once" issues.  Might be a nuisance if you put your PC to sleep 6 times a day, but then that isn't necessary either unless this is a laptop.

2) Roll back to 4.23.  I think you tried this already, but there has been an uptick in reports on 4.24.  This issue has always been around and is related to how sleep works, but nevertheless it is an option.

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.23.137_release.msi

3) If you've recently updated to Win 11 and did the typical in-place upgrade over WIn 10, you might do a clean install of CUE.  You need to export all your valuable profiles and when this is done you will need to re-import the profiles, redo CUE settings, set up profile pics, etc.  So this is even more of pain, but it's often a necessary step if you have system related issues like frequent crashing or freezing.  Follow the directions below, but if you are only having issues on wake you might experiment with the things in #1 for a while first.  

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Edited by c-attack

Reporting in that I have the exact same problem as OP.  iCue was fine until I upgraded to 4.24.193.  Now it crashes after waking from sleep probably 75% of the time. 

2 hours ago, c-attack said:

CUE failure to resume on wake has been a meandering issue for a long time.   When you boot the PC normally, everything has an ordered progression through the start-up.  When you wake from sleep, it all is thrust back into operation at the same time and CUE does not always start up again.  It could be on the CUE end.  It also can be other software programs fighting over the same devices.  That said, there has been a recent spike in user reports on 4.24 and so I started putting my PC to sleep this week.  I was not able to cause CUE to crashes or freezes, even with the RAM which is the most common.  I am also on Win 11 and have been so for almost a year, so it's not quite as simple as CUE causes this.  

There are some things you can try:

1) If it freezes or does not wake on boot, quit and restart the app.  Typically that's all it takes to put things back in order.  Or quit CUE before you put the PC to sleep,  Then after wake, launching normally should side step any "wake at once" issues.  Might be a nuisance if you put your PC to sleep 6 times a day, but then that isn't necessary either unless this is a laptop.

2) Roll back to 4.23.  I think you tried this already, but there has been an uptick in reports on 4.24.  This issue has always been around and is related to how sleep works, but nevertheless it is an option.

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.23.137_release.msi

3) If you've recently updated to Win 11 and did the typical in-place upgrade over WIn 10, you might do a clean install of CUE.  You need to export all your valuable profiles and when this is done you will need to re-import the profiles, redo CUE settings, set up profile pics, etc.  So this is even more of pain, but it's often a necessary step if you have system related issues like frequent crashing or freezing.  Follow the directions below, but if you are only having issues on wake you might experiment with the things in #1 for a while first.  

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Thanks for the info I will try all that but I do already close icue before putting my pc to sleep and as long as Corsair is working on it I can live with that. 

I definitely had way less issues with Windows 10 on the latest icue. I get W11 is new and needs work but like I said as long as corsair is looking into it I can live with that. If there is another version you recommend downgrading to I will try that again. 

I did a fresh install of W11 btw.

Edited by TheLastElite

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like there wasn't much fixed in the latest update and icue is still constantly crashing after sleep on Windows 11. My ram is still staying on after I enter sleep mode as well.

The ram issue was not a thing on Windows 10 and icue crashing after sleep was very rare on Windows 10.

Is anyone else having the same issues with Windows 11? I cant seem to find much support.

I fell the issue is Windows 11 going to sleep quicker then Windows 10 and therefore icue cant put everything into hardware mode before the pc enters sleep.

Edited by TheLastElite

I downgraded to 4.23.137 and both issues seem to have been fixed. I wont be updating iCue until I see these issues fixed in the patch notes.

My GPU is also being detected in iCue after setting iCue to run as administrator.

1 hour ago, TheLastElite said:

My GPU is also being detected in iCue after setting iCue to run as administrator.

That makes sense since we suspected the gpu detection issue was the result of “enhanced security” on the Nvidia 516 series drivers. Might need to set CUE not run on start up so you can manually launch as admin after OS boot.