Corsair Community

DDR5 Advice please

Hi guys

i run two systems

I have a 12900k and a 12900ks in a hero and extreme boards respectively.

I had a decent experience with G-skill memory on ddr4 and so wen twith a 6000mhz kit for my ddr5 build on 12th gen, it been nothing but aggro.

IT simply wont run either of th etwo XMP profiels and ive tried two differnet cpu's and two differnet boards, - its the memory at fault.

It will run at 6000mhz but simply isnt stable, itll run at 5800mhz but still isnt totally stable, only when i clock it down to 5600 do i get a decent stable experience.

I paid top dollar for this memory and in honesty im pissed off and i want rid of it, but im not the kind of guy to sell it as 600mhz memory when it simply wont do that.

Not if i sell it, what else can i buy that will do what it says ont he tin.

Ive seen a 6200mhz corsaid dominator kit, 32GB of DDR5 at 6200mhz

- but will ti actually do it  i ask as i dotn want to get ripped off agian frankly ?

Any advice is appreciated

regards to all

John

Johm,

Same here, I am running the ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME with the Intel 12900KS with Corsairs Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 64GB (2x32GB) 5200MHz C40 Intel Optimized Desktop Memory model: ‎CMT64GX5M2B5200C40. Now when you search Asus, the only memory of corsair they list like this that is certified to work is the CMT64GX5M2X5200C38 that seems to be none existent. 

Asus recommends CMT64GX5M2X5200C38 which is DOMINATOR® PLATINUM RGB 64GB (2x32GB) DDR5 DRAM 5200MHz C38 Memory Kit (Mind you, this cant be located for sale anywhere. 

Corsair recommends CMK64GX5M2A4400C36 which is VENGEANCE® 64GB (2x32GB) DDR5 DRAM 4400MHz C36 Memory Kit

So what is the correct memory, because when I run memory tests, my memory fail and my system sometimes freezes and does odd things. I am sure its memory based, but no one can seem to say what is recommended or the correct memory. I feel your pain!

I seem to be having a DDR5 issue as well.  Competed my build on 03/03/2022.

Asus Z690 Prime-A, Intel I7 12700, Samsung NVME 980 Pro (1 gb), Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 5200 (2x16) for 32 gb, Asus RTX 3060 TI, Sound Blaster AE5 sound card, Two WD Black 2tb hard drives.

About 3 weeks ago I started have boot issues, locking up at the Asus splash screen with F2 or DEL showing to enter Bios.

System was totally unresponsive and nothing I could do other than power down.  If I let it sit for several minutes it will boot fine to windows.

In the last couple of days I've also had complete system lock up after going into sleep mode, or it just reboots with no warning. 

Memory keeps showing up as 4800 instead of 5200.

I think I'm going to find this is a memory issue and needless to say after what I paid for this I'm not real happy with this choice of memory.