Corsair Community

[BUG] Most Recent Update (4.22.203) Broke Type Lighting

Same issue and same thing as everyone else started an account so I can get my email spammed with a bunch of BS just to say, type lighting has been broken for months at this point and it looks like they have no intent on fixing it. If it doesn't work for us there is no way it works for them so how they don't see the issue is beyond me. Coming up and telling me to do all these things I have no time for is not my job to do, not soft resetting my keyboard(again), not uninstalling and reinstalling(again). Do not cite this wizardry to me I was there when it was written I have already done these things. It does not work, not in scenes (which was a crap idea and should be removed as I believe its the issue anyway cause it started when they added it) does not work for individual devices. No amount of unplugging and re-plugging uninstalling and reinstalling, lighting on fire or buying new fixes it. 

• Like 2

I have the same issue. I tried reinstalling iCUE, soft resetting the keyboard, forcing a firmware update, and even did a fresh reinstall of Windows 11. Nothing seems to help. To recap the issue:

Regular "Type Lighting" works when you set it but that of course only lights the keyboard and no other device.

"Type Lighting" under lighting link does not work even if the mouse (Simitar Pro is clicked - which normally triggers a wave of light).*

*By not work I mean no lights, keyboard mouse, mousepad, fans, watercooler, or ram. All are just dark when you try triggering with either.

When I use my headset (Void Pro USB) - It does work! That is the only device that I have that seems to still trigger the "Type Lighting" under Lightning Link.

• Like 1

i upgraded my case to 7000x and aio to h150 and seems type lightening is working now, no reinstall nothing 

previous aio was h100 

On 5/13/2022 at 6:33 AM, Dr34m M4st3r said:

I have made the account for the same reason... I'm not sure why no Corsair Employees have answered us yet. It would be fine, for me, to simply be able to roll back an update or to have a date for the update that fix this.

same here, been trying to find a solution for a long time now

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same issue With Type Lighting not being responsive Under Lighting Link within Lighting Type, currently running the latest version V. 4.24.193 

Found it well i was creating a new Profile setup and linking my 4 corsair products together. all other lighting effects appear to be working correctly. 

Id like to also note that the computer I'm running iCUE on is a new PC build. The issue appears to be within the iCUE software.

I'm Currently Running Corsair - ST100 RGB, MM800 RGB Polaris, Scimitar Pro RGB and K95 RGB Platinum.

Iv Sent two Snap shots using the windows 10 Snip it tool. Which requires pressing the windows key + shift + S in order to function. Well running both Preset & Lighting Link Versions of Type lighting.

So if you'd kindly look into this issue it would be great.

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-06-26 180647.png

Screenshot 2022-06-26 181225.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They are not fixing the issue but they sure are quick to filter my posts... I could not figure this out, the best solution I have so far is to use a 3rd party application that works with corsair (and a lot of other vendors). They also have additional features that I can't believe Corsair has not implemented. On the plus side, my vendor options have just widened up so I doubt I'll be paying the Corsair premium going forward..

I also have this issue where "Type Lighting" under "Scenes" and "Link Lighting" is not working. 
I have tried reinstalling iCUE and resetting my keyboard based on links above and the issue persists.

Not sure if this is related to any hardware, but to help Corsair troubleshoot this issue I have
K70 LUX RGB
M65 PRO RGB
ST100 RGB
Void Elite Wireless

Below is a screenshot of the Scene setting selected that is not working. As mentioned above when selected and they keyboard keys are pressed no effects are presented.

image.png.7f44f0c83d04e35cae114eca2f16f548.png

• 3 weeks later...

The same issue here. Fairly new pc build and just upgraded to the newest update. Literally everything else besides type lighting works perfectly fine, just that part isn't working. At this point it's obviously a software issue but is Corsair ever going to fix this? I haven't tried to see if the update broke it on my laptop too since I remember it working on there at some point a while ago. 

• 4 weeks later...

this issue is now resolved for me with the latest version 4.28.177

• 3 weeks later...

i updated to icue 4.22.203 and type lighting broke when link lighting is enabled on all corsair devices. What breaks is the 3 x LL120 fans and the 3xSP120 led fans dont display the type lighting effect with link lighting enabled. So if i click the mouse for example the keyboard displays the type lighting effect with link lighting enabled but that is where it ends. Fans no display type lighting effect no more :(

I downgraded icue software to version to 4.28.177 and the type lighting effect works as it should over my 3 x LL120 fans and 3 x SP120 led fans. 

Just letting you know incase you all were not aware of this problem. I will wait to upgrade to next version and skip icue 4.22.203. 

image.thumb.png.0175271be35aa6380637d2186bff118e.png

image.thumb.png.c4be3511e46f05acc6e6d04be27c2f73.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wanted to chime in that version 4.30.262 also broke "type lighting" for me. I could get some devices to work temporarily when I clicked the layers on and off via the software, but nothing lasted. I rolled the software back down to iCue version 4.28.177 and all profiles are working normally, including new ones I create. Hope they fix it in a future release. 

• 2 weeks later...