Corsair Community

PC detects Elite Capellix LCD cap but iCUE doesnt?

Ive just recently installed a brand new H150i CPU cooler, installed with the stock head which iCUE detected fine and showed in the list of iCUE compatable products installed. Great. Shut down my PC, removed the stock head, CPU_PUMP header cable and 24-pin into the Commander Core. Installed my new LCD upgrade kit head, CPU_PUMP header cable, USB directly onto motherboard and the 24-pin into the Commander Core. 

Started my PC, the pump kicks in and the fans are spinning and the temps are low. However upon opening iCUE there is absolutely nothing in there relating to the LCD pump head nor the Elite Capellix anymore. Why?

I've tried the following:

• Uninstall iCUE, remove all files from program files, %APPDATA% and in regedit etc. Re installed iCUE with a fresh download of the latest version from the Corsair website.
  • Checked all connectors are fully in contact with their respective ports. (The LCD head itself, the USBs and the 24-pin in the Commander Core)
  • Switch the USB connection to another header and a splitter.
  • Removed Commander Core and LCD Pump Head from Bluetooth & Other Devices, opened iCUE and Scanned for new hardware in Device Manager.
  • Fully PC power down. Shut down -> Removed Power Cable -> Pressed On Button Several Times -> Re Connected -> Rebooted.

Please help, this is driving me insane.

Update: The cooler has stopped showing the exclamation mark and now is showing "Liquid Temp - 0°C" and still not showing in iCUE.

I have this exact issue, I either get the orange triangle, or 0 C fluid temp. I have no outside ring either.

Fluid temp is reported under icue commander core. But no pump control. And although the lcd cap is reported in the Windows devices, it is not detected by ICUE

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very similar issue, however my LCD cap "works" in the sense that it shows the current coolant temp correctly. I can control the LED ring via ICUE.

The "LCD Cap for Elite Capellix coolers" shows up under "Devices" in Windows (along with the Commander Core and a Lighting Node Pro) but it is not controllable at all from within iCUE.

I've tried various different USB 2.0 headers, both on a hub and on the motherboard itself, and all the other steps mentioned in the original post. The only other thing I can add is that sometimes when my PC resumes from sleep mode, the LCD cap just shows a blank black screen (no current temp, but also no red triangle).

Any ideas welcome.

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2022 at 6:54 AM, hawkhench said:

I have a very similar issue, however my LCD cap "works" in the sense that it shows the current coolant temp correctly. I can control the LED ring via ICUE.

The "LCD Cap for Elite Capellix coolers" shows up under "Devices" in Windows (along with the Commander Core and a Lighting Node Pro) but it is not controllable at all from within iCUE.

I've tried various different USB 2.0 headers, both on a hub and on the motherboard itself, and all the other steps mentioned in the original post. The only other thing I can add is that sometimes when my PC resumes from sleep mode, the LCD cap just shows a blank black screen (no current temp, but also no red triangle).

Any ideas welcome.

Did you figure it out? I have this same problem

5 hours ago, Papi Rasa 35 said:

Did you figure it out? I have this same problem

One of the iCUE updates fixed it for me and it's been fine since. There's two other (long) threads on the topics with various troubleshooting steps and fixes: