Corsair Community

PMBus version/Supermicro compatability

I happen to have an HX1000i lying around that I'm using as the PSU for a server build.  The board is a Supermicro H12SSL-i. 

It has a 5-pin I2C header that's used for the PMBus.  Supermicro claims that it requires PUBus 1.2 and that supposedly only Supermicro PSUs will be compatable. 

Before I go rigging up a 4-pin to 5-pin cable for this, can anyone tell me whether Corsair's implementation of PMBus fits the bill?

This isn't a hard requirement, but if the existing HW works...

TIA

• 8 months later...
On 2/28/2022 at 10:46 AM, Railgun said:

I happen to have an HX1000i lying around that I'm using as the PSU for a server build.  The board is a Supermicro H12SSL-i. 

It has a 5-pin I2C header that's used for the PMBus.  Supermicro claims that it requires PUBus 1.2 and that supposedly only Supermicro PSUs will be compatable. 

Before I go rigging up a 4-pin to 5-pin cable for this, can anyone tell me whether Corsair's implementation of PMBus fits the bill?

This isn't a hard requirement, but if the existing HW works...

TIA

How did you get on with this? I just purchased a smicro board with SMBus I2c header and IPMI. I wondered if the AXi/HXi/RMi series psu will show its stats in IPMI vias the USB connection? If not, which 4pin to 5pin cable did you get and did it work fully? Thank you.