Corsair Community

ASUS Prime Z690-A DRAM light on with Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200mhz

So I've just bulit my pc with mostly Corsair components however when attempting to boot to install Windows the DRAM light is visible on the motherboard indicating something is wrong with the memory.

Both sticks are in A2 and B2, i've attempted to only use 1 stick in both A2 and tried B2. However the DRAM light still persists.

I am using the LGA1700 socket and a h150i Elite Capellix cooler, I do not have the LGA1700 retrofit stand offs however multiple people have said the 1200 stand offs have worked for the time being for them so I have used the 1200 standoffs.

I've googled, searched and tried everything to decypher why the DRAM light is persisting and the computer is not booting.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is the Dram faulty on purchase? How do I check?

I'm considering returning the ram and going with another brand has I've heard the DDR5 in Corsair can be hit or miss.

• 9 months later...

I am havng the same issue,

Just built a new PC with Asus Z690-A Prime Motherboard + 32gb (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator DDR5 6200MHz Ram. Stuck on solid orange DRAM light. I've tried reinserting, trying both sticks individually and using the other slots but no luck..