Corsair Community

Wiring Help New Build : 6 LL120's , + H110i Elite 2 Fans!

So I'm building with 6 LL120 fans plus an H110i Elite that has another 2 fans for a total of 8 fans, I have a commander pro , and 2 lighting nodes that came with the LL120 3 packs. Do I need a second commander pro?

Thanks in advance!

KC

You likely will be better off with a small powered PWM hub.  This uses one control channel from the Commander Core and typically can control 4-10 fans, all which will run the same speed.  So you put the front 3x120 on the PWM hub (they don't need individual speed control) and that frees up the two you need for other fans.  These are generally the size of a pair of matchbooks and cost about $20 USD.  It's a cheaper and small option when you don't need individual fan control or something else the Commander Pro provides.  Also, having 2 Commanders in the same build can be annoying as its hard to tell them apart in the device list without opening them up.  The only theoretical benefit is a Commander Pro could replace a Lighting Node Pro as a RGB controller, so the space difference isn't quite as bad with PWM hub + LNP vs Commander Pro on size.  However, it will probably cost you an extra $40 for this option.  

You'll need one of your Lighting Node Pro controllers for either the 6 LL or 2 ML-Elite OEM fans.  Doesn't really matter which goes on which controller and the best arrangement may depend on where the ML-E fans are located.  I am guessing top exhaust, so I would probably put them on the Com Core so they and the pump are together for lighting.  Then the 6 LL on the LNPro.  

Thank You so much. I have made a mistake. I did not realize corsair made more than 1 commander pro device.The one I used in the past was different. The LL120 3 packs also used to come with lighting node pro as opposed to lighting core. I have also decided to replace the ML fans that come with the AIO to LL120's to where all fans match. Keep in mind, I am not married to the commander pro that I ordered. I can always return it.

What I currently have

8 LL120 Fans ( 3 for case top , 3 for case bottom and 2 on AIO inside case) Case is Lian Li O11D Mini

1 iCue Commander Pro Lighting and Fan Control

2 Lighting Node Cores (Came with LL120 3 packs)

Other items for iCUE software:

4 sticks Dom Pro RGB Ram

H115i 

K65 Mini Keyboard

M65 Mouse

ST100 Headset Stand

So how does this change things up? Again, I am not opposed to sending the Commander Pro back for a refund,

Thank You!

KC

1 hour ago, c-attack said:

You likely will be better off with a small powered PWM hub.  This uses one control channel from the Commander Core and typically can control 4-10 fans, all which will run the same speed.  So you put the front 3x120 on the PWM hub (they don't need individual speed control) and that frees up the two you need for other fans.  These are generally the size of a pair of matchbooks and cost about $20 USD.  It's a cheaper and small option when you don't need individual fan control or something else the Commander Pro provides.  Also, having 2 Commanders in the same build can be annoying as its hard to tell them apart in the device list without opening them up.  The only theoretical benefit is a Commander Pro could replace a Lighting Node Pro as a RGB controller, so the space difference isn't quite as bad with PWM hub + LNP vs Commander Pro on size.  However, it will probably cost you an extra $40 for this option.  

You'll need one of your Lighting Node Pro controllers for either the 6 LL or 2 ML-Elite OEM fans.  Doesn't really matter which goes on whicontroller and the best arrangement may depend on where the ML-E fans are located.  I am guessing top exhaust, so I would probably put them on the Com Core so they and the pump are together for lighting.  Then the 6 LL on the LNPro.  

Edited by rcmorgan540
Spelling