Corsair Community

iCue not detecting Z690 Asus ROG Strix board and 3080 GPU

Hi guys,

I just moved to windows 11 after upgrading hardware from z370 to z690 and ASUS TUF 3080. On my old system, iCue detected both the GPU and motherboard just fine. All worked well.

After a format of my PC and move to Win 11, iCue doesn't detect the Mobo/GPU. This is something I have battled with for a while in the past when uninstalling ASUS AURA SYNC and iCue but I can't work out what the deal is. Typically, I'd install an old version of AURA and then that app would detect the hardware but this time, old AURA versions are not detecting these two parts which I believe is the reason behind iCue not detecting them.

Does any one have any pointers on how I can force iCue to detect these parts?

Thanks

It is most likely Aura cannot detect your new Z690 motherboard.  Asus phased Aura out a while back and newer boards will have to use the Armory Crate version.  CUE interacts with that software to exert control.  

I'd love to use Armory crate but it is a turd.

I managed to get icue to detect the GPU, some sort of install/reinstall order thing going on between icue and aura however the motherboard does not show.

iCue does detect the motherboard, it shows me the temps etc... but the RGB component doesn't show so I can't do anything with the motherboards RGB.

I don't think the plugin support for Aura is still there in the current CUE versions.  

Ok so I fired up ASUS Armory crate and icue detects it. Only issue now is I doin't think either app has the ability to run RGB for my G skill RAM. 

Finally figured out why this happens.

Basically, if you uninstall iCue and any other 3rd part RGB app, the system doesn't detect the hardware (iCue detects Corsair hardware fine)  so in order for this to work again you simply install the 3rd party app, in this case my G skill RAM didn't appear in Armory crate so I installed G Skill Trident Z RGB controller app, allowed that app to detect the RAM and THEN Armory crate could see the RAM. I cue only detected the motherboard and GPU AFTER I installed Armory Crate which is where it detected it.

Once that is done, I simply deleted G Skill Trident RGB controller and made Armoury Crate the link ( Motherboard/GPU/RAM) between it and iCue. This issue has plagued me for years and many others over the years as well.

Edited by Aliti_308

• 7 months later...

Glad you figured this out. I'll be using these tips as I setup my new build. I'm using mostly Corsair parts accept the MOBO and GPU which are both ASUS. As a side note yeah still not sure what is up with Aura. I see it all over their website and on part descriptions. And they have a large compatibility list for 3rd party stuff here ASUS Aura: Campaigns. And then iCUE's Auro compatibility list here iCUE System Integrations (corsair.com. But it's missing newer Z690 boards, even though per this thread it works. And checking other threads and Reddit, no one seems to know why they need both Aura and Armoury Crate both installed, but that seems the deal. So blah.

Edited by tiugh1980