Corsair Community

New 5000x build fan problem

Hi,

Just built a system using the 5000x, added a SP120 RGB Elite fan to rear and ROG Strix LC 240 AIO, all fans running but I'm only getting LED on the front 3, I can't get LED on the rear fan or the AIO?, the rear fan is connected to the controller, the AIO fans are connected to controller for power and then the splitter cable that came with it which is then connected to ADD_Gen2_1 on the Crosshair Hero VIII.

Where have I gone wrong?

Regards

Make sure the RGB connector on the 4 SP-Elite fans are in positions 1-2-3-4 on the Lighting Node Core controller.  Then you will need to adjust the "Lighting Set-up" in CUE to "8 LED series fan x 4" to generate the proper number of LEDs.  

• Like 1

Thanks, sorted my rear fan, moved from #6 to #4, still can't get anything on the Strix though.

15 minutes ago, Eyghon said:

Thanks, sorted my rear fan, moved from #6 to #4, still can't get anything on the Strix though.

I know iCUE can handle ASUS mobo's with the Aura plugin (see post at Corsair), but I dunno if that also allows you to control an ASUS AiO through iCUE.

• Like 1

It seems unlikely they would code CUE to control a competitors AIO product.  You'll need to use Armory Crate or the native Asus app for that.  

• Like 2

I have connected both fans to the 4-way splitter provided with the LC240 and tried this in both RGB headers on the Mobo, neither allow the LEDs to function using either Armoury Crate or iCue. I now have both LC240 fans plugged into the mobo rather than the 5000x controller for power and have one of them plugged into one of the RGB headers on the mobo (#7 Addressable Gen2 LED connector) but still no lighting, would think the Asus cooler would work with the Asus mobo but hey ho, think I'm just gonna replace the Asus fans with two more SP120 Elites.