Corsair Community

Ironclaw RGB Wireless dongle firmware roll back and ICUE software hanging problem

Hi All

I just bought this mouse and am having terrible problems. Initially i downloaded the ICUE software and tried to bind the buttons but the software would hang constantly. I tried it on two separate PCs. I believe i accidentally started with iCUESetup_3.38.61_release, then iCUESetup_4.15.153_release and lastly iCUESetup_4.17.244_release. All hang. When i tried a one of those version i was advised to update the firmware of the mouse so i clicked yes, it asked me to plug in the mouse physically and i thought i did but i actually had plugged it into a separate PC, so when i clicked update firmware the mouse wasn't plugged into the PC. I now can't see the mouse connecting to the dongle. I.e the dongles firmware doesn't match the mouses. I want to roll back the firmware on the dongle but i can't as every time i use the ICUE software and click settings on the dongle, the program hangs/crashes. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I've tried going into device manager and trying to pick out the the listing in "mice and other pointing devices" or "human interface devices" but i can't see any that have the option to "roll back driver". I do see a whole bunch of "HID-compliant vendor defined device" appear when i plug the dongle in but none are able to have their driver rolled back.

As i see it my only option is to purchase a new dongle and hope it has the right firmware as the mouse. Am i absolutely screwed? If i can't use the ICUE software to roll the firmware back then what are my options.

thanks if anyone has any advice, i've seen many similar ICUE problems so it seems like that problem doesn't have a fix, should i just return this product? is it a lost cause.

cheers

oman

Hi again,

i found that if i click on settings of the dongle and wait like 5-10 min the program will stop hanging and progress to the actual settings. There is an option to select a firmware file to update to. If i could find the original firmware for an ironclaw dongle from Mid-Late 2021 i could roll it back there logically. Does anyone know if the firmware files are available, doesn't appear like they are. The dongle is currently v.5.4.99.

cheers

oman