Corsair Community

Void Elite Wireless Mic Volume EXTREMELY low

Hello Everyone,

I love everything about my Void Elite Headset EXCEPT the fact that the mic volume is ridiculously low. I have searched the forums both here and reddit etc for a fix to this solution and have found posts of the same spanning the last 5 years. Given that it's now 2021, is there a solution to this problem yet?

Despite bumping all the input volumes I can even think to access, friends on discord and other chat platforms have all told me that my mic is extremely soft. If I eat the mic they can hear me at a "regular" tone when they turn me up to 200%. I have tried numerous fixes that others have posted, (updating firmware, disabling exclusive control, etc) but nothing seems to make a difference. Did I get a bad Corsair Headset? 

Does anyone have a fix/solution to this problem that doesnt involve me having to install another 3rd party program to further boost my mic? Otherwise, while I love my Corsairs, in a time where communicating with others digitally is becoming more and more important, Corsair is letting me down here and I am close to considering if I should return the headset!

Please advise!

• Corsair Employee

Hi Keito719,

Sorry your Void Elite mic volume is way too low. Let's help you get that resolved. 

Changing the sound settings to DVD quality may be able to fix your microphone volume issue.

Right-click the Volume button on your system taskbar.
Click Open Sound settings.
Click Device properties in the Input section.
Make sure your headset is selected in the dropdown menu.
Click Additional device properties on the right side.
Click the Advanced tab.
Select DVD Quality in the Default Format section

If you are experiencing low volume issues when using Discord, go to the sound settings in Discord and click Reset Voice Settings. This should fix your microphone volume issue.

On 11/19/2021 at 1:44 PM, Corsair Blade said:

Hi Keito719,

Sorry your Void Elite mic volume is way too low. Let's help you get that resolved. 

Changing the sound settings to DVD quality may be able to fix your microphone volume issue.

Right-click the Volume button on your system taskbar.
Click Open Sound settings.
Click Device properties in the Input section.
Make sure your headset is selected in the dropdown menu.
Click Additional device properties on the right side.
Click the Advanced tab.
Select DVD Quality in the Default Format section

If you are experiencing low volume issues when using Discord, go to the sound settings in Discord and click Reset Voice Settings. This should fix your microphone volume issue.

Hello, yes, I have done this before and unfortunately it did not fix my issues.

Screenshot 2021-11-21 203450.png

Screenshot 2021-11-21 203600.png

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee

Sorry it still isn't working right for you. If the previous steps did not help at all with microphone volume issues, we do recommend creating a Support ticket directly with the Technical Support team. Here is a link directly to ticket creation:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new