Corsair Community

Product name in iCue reported with (1)

TerrorBlade

Hello, after one update of icue some products inside the software appear with the (1) in their name. I found there was a similar issue back in 2020. Currently running version 4.15.153. 

Is there any workaround or fix for this ? 

image.png

This is the standard default naming scheme when there is more than 1 of a device in the program history. If you had two of anything it would be “device name” and “device name (1)”. You sometimes also encounter this after firmware updates where the program believes it to be a new or second device. In CUE 3 you could rename it with a blank space on the end. Unfortunately device renaming is not always possible in CUE4. 

The only current CUE4 solution I know is to wipe all CUE files and reinstall. This erases the current device history and when it runs the detection on launch after the clean install all devices are back to 0 on the counter. Make sure you export any valuable profiles first and you will need to remove all Corsair files in the App Data//Roaming/Corsair location. 

Thanks for the reply. I will try this method then and report back.

There is an easier way to fix this, make sure iCUE is not running, then go to %AppData%\Roaming\Corsair\CUE4 and delete the config.cuecfg file and start back up iCUE. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 8:31 PM, kevjtro said:

There is an easier way to fix this, make sure iCUE is not running, then go to %AppData%\Roaming\Corsair\CUE4 and delete the config.cuecfg file and start back up iCUE. 

Thanks this indeed worked!