Corsair Community

Do the CORSAIR GAMING PBT Double-shot Keycaps Full 104/105-Keyset look different fromthe ordinary keycaps?

aXa

I have a few old Corsair keyboards. At one time, I was using the CORSAIR GAMING PBT Double-shot Keycaps Full 104/105-Keyset on my current one. I had to do an RMA or replacement. As a result, I had to swap out the keycaps prior to sending it out. Alas, I cannot recall if I ever put them back on the keyboard. Is there a way to tell? I mean, do the PBT Douuble-shot keycaps physically or visually look different? Is there a way to differentiate between the two? Both are in black.

The PBT double shot will be slightly lighter in color, weightier, and when pulled off should be noticeably different in feel than an ABS plastic key cap.  The “double shot” means two layers on the wall. That should be evident when looking from the underside. Also, PBT caps tend to be slightly more tactile in feel compared to the ultra slick ABS plastic. 

Edited by c-attack

• 1 year later...
On 10/2/2021 at 12:28 PM, c-attack said:

The PBT double shot will be slightly lighter in color, weightier, and when pulled off should be noticeably different in feel than an ABS plastic key cap.  The “double shot” means two layers on the wall. That should be evident when looking from the underside. Also, PBT caps tend to be slightly more tactile in feel compared to the ultra slick ABS plastic. 

Thanks. The description helped me distinguish between the two sets.