Corsair Community

debris blocking LEDs on K100

Hi all,

Not sure if this is just me cause I haven't really seen anyone else with the issue, maybe I'm just an idiot who can't work it out, but I keep getting tiny pieces of dirt or something that has made it's way under the keys on my keyboard and is sitting on the LEDs which blocks off part of the colour they are making (especially noticeable on the white setting). 

Has anyone else been able to fix this or is there a way to get dirt and debris out? There is a little plastic cover over the LEDs which I assume is there to prevent dirt from landing on the LEDs but all it seems to have done is make it impossible for me to just grab it with some tweezers aha. 

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

1260907624_Screenshot_20210804-092630_Gallery(2).thumb.jpg.f851c2805095cf42e1cf346d117294f3.jpg

• Corsair Employee

Looking at this post made me pop open my own keys and... yuck, I need to add "clean my keyboard" to my list of things to do this weekend.

Anyway, I see what you're talking about. I have yet to get any debris in there, but my keyboard's issue is having an unspoken dog hair magnet in it as opposed to dirt, haha.

Most compressed air cans come with the really thin straw you stick on the end for precision, the gap looks large enough to be able to point it in there... I'm wondering if that'd help.