Corsair Community

Finally Completed 280X 3070ti 10700k Build

It's taken a while to get the GPU but I now have finally completed my 280X build.

Z490

Tuf 3070ti

2 x Sabrient Rocket M.2 1 X 2TB Barracuda HDD

64GB 3200 corsair RGB 4X16

Hydro 115i RGB 280mm inc 2 x 140 RGB fans

Commander pro

2 x Commander core

2 x LL 120 RGB fans 2 x QL RGB fans

I've added spacers to raise the glass lid, staggered so it lifts more toward the viewing panel side, I've also now added 10mm rubber feet to the original feet to facilitate more airflow though the base.

The GPU fits easily, I went for the Tuf as I have a USB 3 expansion card in the bottom PCI slot and a lot of other cards would have either meant removing it or been way to snug against it.

My first build for many years so basically pretty chuffed it all works as should and no hassle now with the RGB no I have Aura and iCue sussed.

Mainly posting so others considering this case can see that it accommodates a GPU of this size comfortably without rendering all the other PCI slots useless.

See attached image. Thanks for reading.

view?usp=sharing

447118570_PC3070tiFB.thumb.jpg.2a45609c2114842b43e2a5e08757297e.jpg

• Corsair Employee
It's taken a while to get the GPU but I now have finally completed my 280X build.

Z490

Tuf 3070ti

2 x Sabrient Rocket M.2 1 X 2TB Barracuda HDD

64GB 3200 corsair RGB 4X16

Hydro 115i RGB 280mm inc 2 x 140 RGB fans

Commander pro

2 x Commander core

2 x LL 120 RGB fans 2 x QL RGB fans

I've added spacers to raise the glass lid, staggered so it lifts more toward the viewing panel side, I've also now added 10mm rubber feet to the original feet to facilitate more airflow though the base.

The GPU fits easily, I went for the Tuf as I have a USB 3 expansion card in the bottom PCI slot and a lot of other cards would have either meant removing it or been way to snug against it.

My first build for many years so basically pretty chuffed it all works as should and no hassle now with the RGB no I have Aura and iCue sussed.

Mainly posting so others considering this case can see that it accommodates a GPU of this size comfortably without rendering all the other PCI slots useless.

See attached image. Thanks for reading.

view?usp=sharing

How long did it take you to get your GPU? (if you don't mind me asking) :)

Also it looks great! I'm sorry that the posting doesn't show the picture right away (you gotta click on it to pop up in a separate tab) but otherwise, it looks nice and tight! Great job!

Corsair Angie,

Thank you very much, I waited almost a year to get my GPU more through choice due to the pricing as I wasn't going to pay the prices which were astronomical. I still paid over the odds, but I had a 1660 super to offload and as I got a really good price on the sale and had had my money's worth out of it I decided to get the 3070ti. I'm a realist, I wanted to be using the new card rather than looking at them on various sites. Like I say, I had good use from the 1660 and figured it owed me nothing. All in all with a bit of pragmatism the new GPU stands me in quite close to the right price :-) And I'm loving it.