Corsair Community

MM700 RGB slows certain games loading while plugged in initially?

Hi, all. So I recently upgraded my GPU to from a 1080, to a 3070, to a 3090. I have a Nexus, Dark Core Pro RGB, K70, Virtuoso SE, MM700 RGB, and the ST100. I had played Dark Souls 3 before the change to any of the 30-series graphics cards and haven't, until this weekend, started playing it again (on my 3090). I realized that it wasn't running slow, but was EXTREMELY slow to load (even going as far as "not responding" for a good 3 minute chunk). This also happened with Dead Cells (which I purchased during the sale and didn't realize was loading slow either, since I've only played it on the 3090 at this point). I reinstalled my graphics drivers, downgraded, installed the newest C++ redistributable...as far as I knew...everything, trying to get these games to work as intended. I started closing programs out one by one to no avail. Someone recommended online to unplug my keyboard. Did that as well. So I was thinking, maybe it's a peripheral problem? So I started unplugging peripherals and restarting. Found out, for some reason, on a restart...if the MM700 is plugged in (also this is the reason why ICUE doesn't load sometimes) while the computer boots it makes both Dead Cells and Dark Souls 3 load incredibly slow. But, if I restart the PC with it plugged in...and then unplug it and replug it back in...everything loads fine. I tried upgrading the firmware with a forced update and that did nothing. Does anyone know why this happens? Can I get a Corsair rep to give me more info? I do have the Dark Core RGB wireless dongle plugged into it as well (the MM700 is in a USB3.0 port).

After additional research, as it turns out, it is NOT the MM700. I was using it as a hub for the Dark Core RGB (I use it wired, but like to have the dongle plugged in, in case of firmware updates). I have confirmed that with the mouse UNPLUGGED and in WIRELESS MODE ONLY, ICUE launches and all games launch with no hiccups at all. However, with the mouse PLUGGED IN as well as the dongle PLUGGED IN, ICUE sometimes fails to load and I have these loading issues in my games. Still would like to know why this happens, if there's any info on it.

• Corsair Employee
After additional research, as it turns out, it is NOT the MM700. I was using it as a hub for the Dark Core RGB (I use it wired, but like to have the dongle plugged in, in case of firmware updates). I have confirmed that with the mouse UNPLUGGED and in WIRELESS MODE ONLY, ICUE launches and all games launch with no hiccups at all. However, with the mouse PLUGGED IN as well as the dongle PLUGGED IN, ICUE sometimes fails to load and I have these loading issues in my games. Still would like to know why this happens, if there's any info on it.

Thanks for being so detailed.

We will look into it as well and see if we can replicate the issue. We will keep an eye on it in case there's additional reports.