Corsair Community

ML 120 fans not functioning properly

I have a 5 ML120 fans connected to a Lighting Node Core that is connected to a Commander Pro. In iCUE lighting setep, I selected that I have 5 fans connected, however, when it shows LED Port #1, #2 etc, it doesn't match with what is shown on my fans. The light pattern on LED Port #1 & #2 are shown on my first fan, #3 & #4 on the 2nd, etc. This leaves my last two fans not lit up at all.

I don't know if this has something to do with my fans being regular ML120 (non-Pro) that are included with the Capellix coolers, but I feel like something is not right with this at all leaving me pretty disappointed at the moment.

Anyone know a solution to this?

Your fans that came with the Elite AIO are ML-Elite, an 8 LED center hub fan. The older ML-RGB is a 4 LED center hub fan. You can only designate one type per controller.

The Commander Core should have auto-detected this and made everything base 8. If not, you can manually set this in the Lighting setup tab. Designate this as “8 LED fan x 5” (CUE4) or SP-Pro/Elite x 5 on CUE 3.

Your fans that came with the Elite AIO are ML-Elite, an 8 LED center hub fan. The older ML-RGB is a 4 LED center hub fan. You can only designate one type per controller.

The Commander Core should have auto-detected this and made everything base 8. If not, you can manually set this in the Lighting setup tab. Designate this as “8 LED fan x 5” (CUE4) or SP-Pro/Elite x 5 on CUE 3.

Ah, this makes sense. I switched it to Elite just before I saw your post and its functioning properly now. Thank you!