Corsair Community

Outer ring on LL120 Not Working

I had all my fans hooked up to the CORSAIR iCUE Commander CORE that came with the H100i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler. Everything was working fine except that I had some things in a weird order that couldn't be fixed by just re-arranging them in the iCUE software because I have 8 fans with 2 splitters going into the Commander Core.

So, tonight I went through and plugged everything in the way that would work but now one of my LL120's isn't lighting up properly. All the lights work except for the outer LEDs on this one fan (bottom fan in the photo) -- and I've tried plugging it into every port and it doesn't make a difference.

I'm ready to buy a new one in case it broke somehow...but figured I'd try here to see if anyone has had this happen and know if there's anything I can do other than replace it...

gdSlqkr.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Corsair Employee
I had all my fans hooked up to the CORSAIR iCUE Commander CORE that came with the H100i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler. Everything was working fine except that I had some things in a weird order that couldn't be fixed by just re-arranging them in the iCUE software because I have 8 fans with 2 splitters going into the Commander Core.

So, tonight I went through and plugged everything in the way that would work but now one of my LL120's isn't lighting up properly. All the lights work except for the outer LEDs on this one fan (bottom fan in the photo) -- and I've tried plugging it into every port and it doesn't make a difference.

I'm ready to buy a new one in case it broke somehow...but figured I'd try here to see if anyone has had this happen and know if there's anything I can do other than replace it...

gdSlqkr.jpg

Force firmware update to your Commander Core/Elite Capellix.

Keep us updated if you're having any more issues.

• Corsair Employee
Hey imnotdavez!

Have you found any solutions?

I got the same problem and didn't found an answer ,yet.

Can you describe your process/experience as I'd like to see what you did if you did anything different.

As I mentioned to imnotdavez - force a firmware update to your Commander Core/Elite Capellix and keep us updated if you're having any more issues.

• 7 months later...

Did you have any other potential solutions? I installed a new GPU, and while I was doing so, I rearranged my cable management. After doing so, 2/3 of the LL120 fans on the front of the case had malfunctioning rings. I tried restarting my PC, then tried unplugging the fans from my RGB Hub, then plugging them back in, and it made about half of the rings work but that's all that changed.

Oddly, the fans seem to be in a kind of reversed direction. (When the lights that are working normally would move clockwise, the ones that aren't would move counterclockwise.) 

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem but found a solution. In the iCUE app I put in that I had 4 fans instead of 3.. after that was changed everything worked as it should. I have not plugged anything in the nr 4 output on the rgb hub but still the lowest fan wouldn’t work properly unless I changed it in the app to 4 active fans