Corsair Community

Why does iCUE take 1.2 GB?

Mikuni

Long time user of your products, currently got a high-end PSU and Mouse. iCUE v3 was so slow and bloated, when I saw a v4 update I thought "maybe they have finally learned and made it lighter, they need better rep now they've gone public in the stock market", just to find a 750 MB installer file and 1.2 GB folder post-install (plus v3 never told me v4 was out or suggested to upgrade, and the installer wanted to use a different folder rather than upgrade v3).

How is this possibly justified???

(and let's not even mention the 9 running processes on the background eating 700-800 MB ram)

Edited by Mikuni

Ok, to be fair after testing the new iCUE for a bit I must say it's an insane improvement over v3 (when you consider v3 would even crash sometimes just clicking on the tray icon or freeze for a few seconds). But yeah, 1.2 GB for a mouse driver/software, I get it they packed all their devices together in a single ~suite but this is extreme, both the space used and consumed RAM through the iCUE processes:

• iCUE.exe
  • CorsairGamingAudioCfgService64.exe
  • CueLLAccessService.exe
  • CorsairMsiPluginService.exe (I have an Asus mobo, why is this running?)
  • Corsair.Service.exe
  • Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe
  • Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe
  • conhost.exe x2

~780 MB ram

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Ok, to be fair after testing the new iCUE for a bit I must say it's an insane improvement over v3 (when you consider v3 would even crash sometimes just clicking on the tray icon or freeze for a few seconds). But yeah, 1.2 GB for a mouse driver/software, I get it they packed all their devices together in a single ~suite but this is extreme, both the space used and consumed RAM through the iCUE processes:

~780 MB ram

Well geez, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was having so much trouble with v3 only to not be informed of a v4 and then later be looking for some update to fix some obnoxious issue with the v3 software and find out suddenly that there's a v4 and get backhanded with the 750mb download. lol

You'd hope with so much space taken up in both RAM and disk space it would work well. I've got my fingers crossed. :sigh!:

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2021 at 12:37 PM, Mikuni said:
  •  
  • CorsairMsiPluginService.exe (I have an Asus mobo, why is this running?)

New update yesterday still including this. Corsair, can you explain?

I made a profile just to agree with you. I mean how ridiculous. It doesn't give me any performance issues because I have a beefy computer, but the overall crashes and bugs in the ICue software is just hilarious, there's got to be so many vulnerabilities in it. 

Even today when trying to install a driver update, and a new Icue version the software indicated it was ready for a computer restart, even though the driver installation wasn't fully complete. I guess they never accounted for someone trying to install a driver while updating Icue, after that it was entirely uninstalled from my computer, that's when I noticed the ridiculous file size and ended up here. 

And what the fuck is this about them packaging all the drivers together in a suite? That's got to be the goofiest way to do this lmao. 

• 1 year later...

Ok that's the place where you complain because you buy a mouse and you don't undersand why you need to get rid of 1G space and 500 M RAM only to configure 2 buttons ? Seriously this might be a reason for me to send this back to the reseller, I bought a mouse, not a software. Why you even though of putting fancy CPU graphs ??? It's all included in windows ALREADY. I'm wondering if the money I put in this mouse is for a quality product or for pretty useless software, we'll see in the next seven days ! 

Cherry on the cake the Nvidia broadcast tells me I can't install it because my graphic adapter is not supported. I have RTX3050 LOL... 

This mouse better be flippin good or....

At least make individual software packages or selection checkboxes, this existed already 30 years ago ! If some weirdo wants to load his computer with useless stuff, good for him, I don't.  

Worst part is we don't even get an explanation for that.