Corsair Community

Voltages for Commander Pro are all over the place

Nanofaux

Recently, when opening iCUE, I found that I was not able to control any of the fan speeds at all. After looking around for a bit, I noticed that all 3 rails (12V, 5V, 3.3V) show up as "0.00V". The fans (LL120s) on my case are physically spinning, and the RGB on them are working, but I can only control the lighting.

I looked at the graphs, and there appears to be normal voltage for the first few minutes of turning on my PC, and then none at all (all 3 graphs show the same effect). (att 1)

And looking in HWINFO64, the voltages are going all over the place. (att 2)

I've tried re-installing iCUE, and even re-installing Windows (I had already planned on doing a fresh install anyway, so it wasn't too out of my way at this point). Issue is still there.

J03DCFa.thumb.png.dbcd505f315ff500027d65ef5b07a9c8.png

2ycRUgW.gif.1f862cc1f00590b587bc1a737097e7dd.gif

HWinfo can conflict with icue

you need to disable settings in HWinfo (under safety, untick corsair/asetek support) then restart the corsair service and it should come back

This is an oooooooold bug that never got fixed, despite my reporting it to corsair support and posting it here

It's not a bug and a more a fact of life. The two programs are trying to access the same internal Corsair devices at the same time. They essentially step on each and the garbage data and fans dropping out are common consequences. HWiNFO warns you of this when you launch it, at least until you tell it to "ignore". You can disable devices individually in HWiNFO by right clicking on the device name. It looks like you have two Commanders, so for both of them. Typically RAM is not a problem and neither are external peripherals like KBs, mice, and headsets.

As mentioned above, you may need to restart the Corsair.Service from within the app settings or the task manager.