Corsair Community

Alternative to iCUE?

Polyrhythms

I've used and enjoyed a lot of Corsair hardware, the products are consistently higher quality that what I've found elsewhere, but when it comes to software, iCUE is the buggiest and most worthless thing I've ever seen, in terms of ANY software that I've ever used for any purpose.

At this point I've given up, there's always a different issue, I've tried old and new versions of iCUE over the years, and many forced updates / installation repairs / full reinstalls. Even on totally separate PC builds there's always somet fatal flaw with iCUE relating to whichever peripheral I'm using at the time, right now my new Scimitar Elite RGB Pro literally forgets ALL of my action rebinds everytime I reboot my PC, whether they're saved as a hardware profile or not.

Does anyone know of ANY third party software that I can use to just rebind my mouse and keyboard keys and make simple macros that is actually easy to use and functional? I don't care about lighting profiles.

...And if you try to google your problems you'll pull up a Youtube video of an unboxing of a K100, where the guy says, "The wheel feels a little gritty on my fingers..." and you're thinking, "What type of shill crap is this? What about the great glowing blob of sh-t that is ICUE underneath that you need to run the thing?" Edited by Petro

Well it basically dooms every corsair hardware besides non RGB ram and the oldest AIOs that aren't sold anymore. If they were honest they wouldn't even review Corsair gear anymore because the downside will constantly be : it needs iCUE to run.

K100 with 4000hz polling rate for faster response time... with iCUE lagging your computer beyond belief. way to go :)

That said, i never found a software that allows to make macros and other rebinds on just about any HID peripheral.. I guess it's too niche to be useful... but maybe there's one hidden somewhere

I personally solved that issue by reselling to friends and going with another well known swiss brand that seem to pay more attention to functionnality over bling.

who needs a 1.2gb driver for a kb&m combo...

lol. You resold to "friends". Keep your friends close, so you can sell them your crap that doesn't work right.

Rebinds are easy and have always been easy across every major brand and minor brand?

You can buy bling on that major brand that I didn't know was Swiss until a couple days ago (or that it was 5 times the size of Corsair and profitable), you just have the option of buying "not bling" and buying the function you want.

For most macro questions in this forum, I could reply, as of 3 years ago, "This is how I'd do it on this brand, this is how I'd do it on this brand, and this is how I'd do it on that brand". There were 2 things I could do easily on CUE that I couldn't figure out how to do easily on other brands. Profile switching used to be universal across the brands, but I can't do it with easily with Corsair anymore with "improvements" to CUE.

Last night my wife was like, "Maybe some techy kid has built some emulator software or something. They're always doing that." And I said, "No, there just doesn't seem to be an interest in macros", and then I saw Polyrythm's post and was curious.

@Polyrythm, when you buy a piece of Corsair hardware, you download the necessary drivers and version of Corsair Utility Engine. If you still have those downloads, you could maybe clean your system, and load it again(?), if you were ever happy enough with Corsair that you bought more of their stuff? You would lose all your lighting and profiles. ...Then put a piece of tape over that "update" button on ICUE. My mouse is shaky and my keyboard is funny, and from what I gather from parcels in this forum that started with ICUE version 3.3. I did that with CUE 1, 3 years ago on my top of the line computer at that time, and it is still running fine. If your tech is over 3 years old, I might even suggest finding a copy of CUE 1, on the internet, for your purposes. I even went out and bought an older Scimitar mouse (non elite? 8000 or 12000 dpi? and it works) Not so great for lighting but good enough, can't make starting sounds with the action, funny timer settings, can't retain original action of The key, but better macro creation otherwise and fast profile switching.

I asked that friend if he didn't mind using iCUE :p he only does e-sport titles so he didn't really notice lag since these games run on a potato from 15 years ago. But i wouldn't resell them my corsair fans, because icue or not, they are just bad, but that's another story.

the K70 i resold works well. he only uses macros on his mouse.. Razer. never used their software but if a MMO player still uses it, it must be working somehow :p

well the RGB works. it's not as intricate as icue but it does what it says. The issue here was not RGB but macros.

iCUE is dodgy at best with these. Ghub is set and forget... because it works each time, everytime.

Nothing magical, i guess Logitech or other manufacturers actually test their software to make sure basic functions work.

As usual, everyone will have their bugged installation, a conflicting program or something that may cause problems, but it's never as common as Corsair from what i see.

Everytime i get a new logitech peripheral, i plug it, set it up and done.

Everytime i got a Corsair peripheral, i plugged it, troubleshoot it, set it up, test it, troubleshoot it etc.. until there's some compromise i can live with..

Not a single one of my purchases went flawlessly, just because of iCUE ruining it. i wish i didn't blow over 1000€ in corsair junk just to keep one K70.. and i can't even unlock my laptop with it.

Anything Corsair which involves a piece of code seems to be botched, it's amazing.

I've been removing Corsair stuff from my PC over the last 2 years. Got fed up of them because of iCUE and because there are better products out there. RGB is nice but I can live without it. The premium price you pay for them shouldn't come with all this issues.

The fact is that I bought k65 and dark core se because of lapboard integration (I have this necessity) and low wireless latency according to a lot of reviewers, but the ecosystem is really trash and also quality for the price I payed is unbalanced a lot:[pouts:

Edited by dariusbull

How did you even install iCUE? I've tried more than 5 times with the latest two versions but it always freezes my PC at one point or another!

I really like that the Scimitar isn't as big as the other MMO mice out there but without the ability to unbind/rebind buttons (and turn off the stupid lighting) it's useless and I'm going to have to return it once stores are back open!