Corsair Community

HD series fans not all working

x_Fxded

So as the title says, not ALL of my HD series fans are working. All are plugged into the LED hub which is plugged into my Commander Pro. All fans 1-4 are plugged in to both the LED hub and Commander Pro in the correct order. Only my first 2 fans are displaying any changes in RGB when I edit it. These were two fans I have previously owned anyway and the 2 new ones (3 and 4) are the ones that are non-reactive. They stay on a solid white colour with all LEDs visible and also displaying their current RPM. I've tried reordering the cables and also forcing updates and solid colours. I am now out of ideas.

The speed control/motor operation is completely separate from the lighting. You can leave that part alone. Plug the two new fans into port 1 on the RGB Lighting Hub. The lights work in series, so a bad spot at the end of fan 2 or beginning of fan 3 could cause this. If they both work on port 1, build out again through ports 2-4. It is also possible for the hub to be the problem if the all the fans work in 1-2, but none of them work in 3-4.

The speed control/motor operation is completely separate from the lighting. You can leave that part alone. Plug the two new fans into port 1 on the RGB Lighting Hub. The lights work in series, so a bad spot at the end of fan 2 or beginning of fan 3 could cause this. If they both work on port 1, build out again through ports 2-4. It is also possible for the hub to be the problem if the all the fans work in 1-2, but none of them work in 3-4.

Ok, so I swapped out ports 1-2 and put those into 3-4 and then vice versa with 3-4 moving into 1-2 and now the 2 new fans react to instant lighting and other settings whereas the ones previously in slot 1-2 don't work in 3-4. Thing is this commander pro is brand new and I've tried a spare rgb hub and I get the same issue.

Ok, so I swapped out ports 1-2 and put those into 3-4 and then vice versa with 3-4 moving into 1-2 and now the 2 new fans react to instant lighting and other settings whereas the ones previously in slot 1-2 don't work in 3-4. Thing is this commander pro is brand new and I've tried a spare rgb hub and I get the same issue.

EDIT: I have swapped 2 with 4 and now I have 3 fans working but now the 4th doesn't work when previously as 2 it did.

If the spare RGB hub is doing the exact same thing, then you are still chasing which fan has the problem. It seems like you are getting closer, but you have to be methodical in checking each one.

It reads to me like a problem with the hub, but you mentioned you already swapped in a spare. It is fairly improbable for both hubs to be defective in exactly the same place.