Corsair Community

Corsair Air 540 and MSI 3080 SUPRIM X - physically impossible or doable?

Kimura

I have a Suprim X incoming and I really want to make it work in my Air 540 case. Unfortunately (or fortunately in terms of cooling), it comes in at 335 mm long.

The official max GPU clearance in the 540 is 320 mm, but there are many examples of people using slightly longer GPUs, e.g. the RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Trio, which is 327 mm. And this is without removing the front fan.

So my question is, could I expect decent temps with installing this card at the cost of a front fan? And, are there any usable workarounds that would allow for better airflow while still using this in theory incompatible GPU, for instance, using a really slim case fan?

It should be noted that I also have a 3080 that will fit (EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA), but I am leaning heavily towards the MSI. Not enough, however, to replace my case.

Not sure if you sorted this or not but you can install fans on the outside of the front panel still behind the front bezel giving you the extra room you needed.

This means you will lose the front filter but a quick ebay search for some filter mesh and magnetic tape or velcro will allow you to attach a filter to the front of the case before the fans

On a side note i looked at the DEMCiflex filter set that costs £70 , i made my own set from a roll of mesh from ebay for £5 and a roll of magnetic tape , a bit of work but works perfect

got all the filters out of the one 100cm x 30cm roll

Edited by machmandp

Not sure if you sorted this or not but you can install fans on the outside of the front panel still behind the front bezel giving you the extra room you needed.

This means you will lose the front filter but a quick ebay search for some filter mesh and magnetic tape or velcro will allow you to attach a filter to the front of the case before the fans

On a side note i looked at the DEMCiflex filter set that costs £70 , i made my own set from a roll of mesh from ebay for £5 and a roll of magnetic tape , a bit of work but works perfect

got all the filters out of the one 100cm x 30cm roll

Thanks, this actually answers all my questions. Your solution would actually work. Unfortunately, I reluctantly let the MSI go. I really wanted to keep it, but I wasn't sure I would solve the fitting so I sold it to someone looking for that card.

I actually have the DEMCI-filters mounted in the case. I have been planning on getting the Air 540 for years which is basically why I refused to swap the case to fit the card.

The EVGA, which will slide right into the current case configuration, arrives tomorrow and hopefully will perform well, despite its many issues.