Corsair Community

Very strange USB disruption issue

Vertigo1

Since building a new machine I'm having a very strange problem with iCUE.

It works fine most of the time but, every now and then, the system becomes kind of gradually unresponsive. I first notice I can't click on anything, then keyboard input stops working. The machine is still running but the keyboard is dead and, whilst I have a mouse cursor, clicking anywhere does nothing. At this point I have to reach for the reset switch.

It's almost like the software is disrupting USB connectivity on the motherboard or something. If I disable iCUE then this never happens so it's clearly the culprit.

It's a Z490 board in a Crystal 680X case. Other relevant Corsair bits are the K70 RGB Mk2 keyboard and HX750i PSU, both of which are connected in iCUE alonside the Lighting Node Pro that comes with the case.

As it stands I can't use iCUE as this problem keeps recurring so I have to make do without any custom lighting effects.

Anyone had anything similar to this?

• 1 month later...

I am experiencing this issue and have tried numerous "fixes".

The over/under here is that iCUE + Commander Pro is a toxic combination on ASUS motherboards. As a result of the problems, I am selling all my Corsair products (I spent over $500 just on fans and controllers) and going a completely different direction.

I have never had more problems with a computer than I have the last two weeks with Corsair products.

I am experiencing this issue and have tried numerous "fixes".

The over/under here is that iCUE + Commander Pro is a toxic combination on ASUS motherboards. As a result of the problems, I am selling all my Corsair products (I spent over $500 just on fans and controllers) and going a completely different direction.

I have never had more problems with a computer than I have the last two weeks with Corsair products.

I have to digress on some of this. I swapped to my ASUS TUF X570 and <poof!> all the issues went away. Magic.

ASUS may have been to blame here.